jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

HubPages Stats Reading a Bit High?

1. eugbug profile image99
    eugbugposted 2 weeks ago

Traffic stats seem to be a bit high and not tallying with GA. Aren't HP stats on PST and GA stats on GMT? (or the local offset version of it?) Anyway adding GA values for Sunday to Monday gives a result somewhat less than HubPages stats.

2. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image100
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 2 weeks ago

I noticed it too and I think it's probably because traffic dropped over the holiday and because more people were online for Christmas shopping right after, so they were on Googling and snacking on leftovers as they came down from the busyness of Thanksgiving.

3. eugbug profile image99
    eugbugposted 2 weeks ago

Aren't HubPages views based on a sliding 24 hour window from the last update to 24 hours before that? GA page views are from midnight local time to the current time (or midnight for previous day's pageviews).

4. Will Apse profile image93
    Will Apseposted 2 weeks ago

Misplaced APY is probably the issue. The recent change over to incremental SFG and IOD's trending to zero has probably not helped.

1. eugbug profile image99
      eugbugposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I don't know about that? Could be the BOCs of the STDs are following the ABC?

1. Will Apse profile image93
        Will Apseposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Don't mention ABC's to the everyday experts. They will ride you out of town on a rail as an elitist.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Could you guys please speak English?  I have no idea what you're talking about!

1. Will Apse profile image93
          Will Apseposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Sorry, this thread is just for experts.

2. theraggededge profile image100
          theraggededgeposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

It's just the boys having fun among themselves big_smile

5. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 weeks ago

Most people don’t like to think about it but PMS could make the stats a bit cranky.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I reckon man-flu might have a lot to do with it.

6. Solaras profile image98
    Solarasposted 2 weeks ago

Right now, the last 7 days CPM is through the roof on Pethelpful HP ad program.  The highest I have ever seen. I hope it is not a mistake.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100

Would be nice if that was the case with all of the sites!  I'm still on Adsense so don't get to see those stats.  However, when I temporarily switched back to HP when Adsense was having problems, the CPMs were definitely looking good.

2. Chriswillman90 profile image98
      Chriswillman90posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Isn't it interesting how whenever something good (or bad) happens we automatically become suspicious.

In this case, given the new Ad integrations, the new bidding program, other Ad revenue boosts that Hubbers have been notified by since the fall, plus the fact that Nov-Dec see the highest CPMs of the year, then these CPM spikes are not unusual.

But even I didn't think it was possible to see such high numbers, normally they are in the 2-5 range and anything over 8 is reserved to the highest quality content sites.

1. Solaras profile image98
        Solarasposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

We are well above quality content right now, so it does seem eerie. I hope it is real and lasts; congrats to Team HP if this is for real.

7. jbosh1972 profile image94
    jbosh1972posted 2 weeks ago

Are some of you complaining?  For the time being I’m earning $5 per day and I was in the middle $2 range with 21 published articles a month and a half ago.  I have been on the upswing since summer.  Seeing increases like this makes me want to write more quality content.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100

Be careful about posting your earnings here.  It's against the TOS  to do so..

working