jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)

HubPages Stats System Change

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago

Hello, friends! I'd like to give everyone a quick heads up that today we will be moving the HubPages Stats over to a new system. As part of our datacenter switch last year, our engineers have been hard at work updating the way we process Hub stats. Some Hubbers may notice small changes in their view totals with the new system. Just like always, earnings are calculated completely independent of Stats, so this change will not affect your HubPages earnings in any way. We hope these continued improvements to the stats processing system will result in a more positive experience for our Hubbers.

We’ve also added data on traffic by country to your Hub’s stats. Just click on the new “Country” tab to see your Hub’s top traffic countries:

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12559273_f520.jpg

You can now click on the traffic numbers as well to see an individual graph for each stat. We hope you enjoy the new features! smile

1. Lady Lorelei profile image80
      Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the update. These numbers look more to what I am used to seeing for my sites.

2. paradigm search profile image60
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

My fondness of HP continues. big_smile

3. paradigm search profile image60

The country data is enlightening indeed.

4. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

Cool.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm liking the keywords tab.

5. EricDockett profile image94
    EricDockettposted 2 years ago

From what I have been able to see this looks very good. However, more often than not I am getting the "something went wrong" error message when I click the stats button this morning.

6. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 2 years ago

I just checked a few of my Hubs, and that is just mind boggling to see all the countries!    Thanks for adding that feature!

7. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 2 years ago

I enjoy looking at the new states and find them interesting. As they amass, I'll be able to use them better. Thanks for this additional tool!

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Christy,
      Nice to see the keyword info, that is very helpful, thanks.

8. paradigm search profile image60

Well my testing wasn't exactly exhaustive, but everything around here seems to work fine and dandy with Windows 10 and Edge. Along with the stats and such, I even gave the hubtool a quick run through.

9. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

love the new stats smile

10. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

Thumbs up! 
    smile

11. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 2 years ago

I'm wondering what all this keffuffle is about as I have not seen any difference in information offered on my statistics. Maybe I am one of the damned with too little views to be afforded the upgrade.

1. Elsie Hagley profile image82
      Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm another one nothing changed in my statistics.
      Are you a ex Squidoo member?

I thnk there is a misunderstanding, I looked on my stats page and could not find it there, until I looked on each individual hub - the new info is there, open one of your hubs and you will find the stats at the top of the page.

2. Gloriousconfusion profile image85
      Gloriousconfusionposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have the same problem - no change from what it's always been

12. paradigm search profile image60

Well, it's been a few days and the new stats program continues to work great. With all the bitching and moaning that used to go on around here, I'm surprised there weren't more thank you posts to HP for expending the resources to write this whole, new program. HP could have just said, "Got a problem? Use Analytics."

Thanks again, HubPages. Your stats system is much easier and more fun than GA. smile smile smile

+++

13. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I'm behind the times sorry! Stopped in to say Yay! smile looking forward to checking them out further.

14. GiftsByDiana profile image52
    GiftsByDianaposted 2 years ago

Thank you !

working