jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Using Amazon listing pictures in my hub?

1. Wolfy profile image97
    Wolfyposted 4 months ago

I am considering writing a new hub on the topic of children's books. Something along the lines of "10 Most Classic Children's Books" or "10 Best Holiday Books for Toddlers" etc.  I want to have something like one text module for each book in my hub describing why it's on my top 10 list.

I would really like to have a picture of the cover of each of these books to go along with each of these text modules. My question is: If I pull a picture of the cover of each book from Amazon, is that breaking any HubPages rules/copyright laws etc? Or are images from Amazon listings free game? Thank you for any help or insight you can provide!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Hi Wolfy,

Amazon allows their images to be used only if you link somewhere in the content to the product. So, whichever images you use, you must also be linking to those products.

1. Wolfy profile image97
        Wolfyposted 4 months agoin reply to this

That's great news. My only concern then would be a "Top 10" list like I describe would have 10 amazon product links. I feel like that would make my hub "overly spammy" in HubPages eyes and it would probably not be featured, especially on the niche sites...

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 4 months agoin reply to this

As long as you provide significant detailed information beyond what can be found on Amazon for each product, and give a balanced review that includes pros and cons and demonstrates that you have personal experience with the products, you should be ok. I also recommend using in-text links rather than product capsules if you wish to advertise more than 1 product in the article.

1. Wolfy profile image97

Great thank you so much for the help!

2. sarahspradlin profile image93
    sarahspradlinposted 4 months ago

Yeah so even though they won't let you get credit for all those Amazon capsules, just insert the picture and then under source link back to it.

1. Wolfy profile image97

Very good tip! Thank you!

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 months agoin reply to this

That's not quite what Christy's saying, Sarah.  If you're going to use an Amazon link  of ANY kind on a Hub, then it needs to follow the rules (i.e. directly related to the title of the Hub, and needs to be personally recommended). 

So in this case, if the OP wants to include images for 10 products, then she'd better be able to personally recommend each product and explain why.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 months ago

I tried linking to Amazon through the picture source, and my hub was denied for too many links to the same place. You can only have two.

I have been successful using the in text Amazon links, but be sure to have at least 300 words per link. The 300 words do not have to be specific to each link, the total words in the article just have to add up. So, to have 10 Amazon links, you'd have to have at least 3000 words in your article.

I would usually not put that many links in, but just select a couple of the ten items to feature. I realize that would not serve your purpose of having a picture for each item.

1. Wolfy profile image97

Well then that sure seems to put a wrench in my idea of a top 10 list with pictures for each book cover.

3. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
      SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 4 months ago

Thanks, Christy Kirwan for the advice about in-text links.

working