jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Just received a one day huge jump in views to one of my hub...

1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 8 days ago

Just curious how this happened. I did not promote this article on social media.
    It was an article I wrote 2 years ago. It usually get about 4 or 5 views per day.
    Today it shot up to 75 views...wow what happened?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 days agoin reply to this

Probably somebody saw it, was writing an article about the same topic and referred to yours.  They probably  did promote, so when they did theirs, yours went along for the ride!

This happened big time to someone here a few years ago...she got millions of views as a result and made thousands of dollars!  We should all be so lucky!

2. Jan Saints profile image89
      Jan Saintsposted 7 days agoin reply to this

Check your traffic sources and limit the traffic period by Day. You may know where the traffic is coming from through this!

3. Robie Benve profile image100
      Robie Benveposted 7 days agoin reply to this

Sometimes it happens that temporarily views jump up like that. A good Pinterest share, a teacher sharing the link with a class, a referral in someone else's article, you never know. All you can do is enjoy. smile

1. jackclee lm profile image81
        jackclee lmposted 7 days agoin reply to this

It appears to be a one day blip. It is back to normal...
        I was not complaining but just curious how it happened.
        I do enjoy publishing here on HubPages...

2. EricFarmer8x profile image93
    EricFarmer8xposted 6 days ago

One of my articles is consistently getting more views than all of the rest. Maybe the subject is a good one? I wrote about Ubuntu which is a Linux distribution.

working