What is your most popular article ever published?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image88
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

What is your most popular article ever published?

I wanted to see trends in topics that received favorable out of random curiousity, so I was wondering what topic you covered for the hub that has received the most traffic since you joined HP; as well as when it spiked, whether it continually, gradually grows, etc. Thanks! Ill post trends and/or patterns I notice after looking at the info, I studied this kind of stuff in school and love analyzing social behavior .

2. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9014688_f260.jpg

My most popular article is THE DARKEST SIGN OF THE ZODIAC-SCORPIO.  This article has 61,594 views.  I am very fascinated by the sign Scorpio.  Scorpio is an extremely dark sign in many ways.  It is dark physically, emotionally, psychologically, even can be dark psychically.  I thoroughly enjoyed writing the article.  Scorpio is a sign of quite unfathomable mystery to say the least.  There is no other sign as dark as Scorpio.  Many readers, especially those interested in astrology, were immediately drawn into the article.   So far I have received 85 comments on the article.

Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, what a comprhensive hub it is! Very informative. Does it tend to go up during the time of year designated to the scorpio sign?

2. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Really don't know but the article has an INTENSE following.  BTW,  THANK YOU for commenting!

3. Ericdierker profile image49
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

I am so not a popular writer. But mine is and was a How To. Crazy I know.

How to safely spank a child..... http://ericdierker.hubpages.com/hub/How … -Your-Knee

Perhaps that will help you to scratch your head.

4. blueheron profile image91
    blueheronposted 10 years ago

I've been here for about a year, and my top performer is "How to Remove Warts, Moles, and Skin Tags." My first runner-up is "How to Remove Plantar Warts." A more recent hub on "How to Install and Outdoor Spigot to Water Your Garden" is now second in line on a daily basis--after a slow start. I thought that hub was a loser, at first. (Probably just seasonal.) I guess all this stuff is, in its own way, a bit "dark."

5. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

Since it is the one that has the most views ever, so far in my list, then I would have to say, "How do birds make songs and calls?".

that is a great hub Kevin! does it still get good traffic? does it tend to lag during the winter?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, Kathleen. It has the most views but it has low comments and I was surprised one day when it was selected as EC.

3. Kathleen Odenthal profile image88

Ah! The mysterious EC award. I remember being just as shocked when I saw which one of mine was picked. It is curious the algorithm they use

6. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 10 years ago

My hub that receive the most traffic is "Basic Kuwaiti Arabic language"(words and phrases) with meanings in the English Language. I have translated some words and phrases from Arabic to English. I have been with Hubpages for over fourteen months and I am happy with my hubs. Some of them are not performing well but I am quite happy with some of them. I hope to get some more traffic.

7. zacharybrown profile image59
    zacharybrownposted 10 years ago

I am a newbie here at HP, but I will share mine. My most viewed Hub to date in titled "Knowledge is Power: 3 Great Ways to Take Online Classes For Free." It explored the differences between Massive Online Open Courses (MOOC), OpenCourseWare (OCW), and other platforms that offer users a chance to access some pretty awesome classes and educational materials. Here is the link: http://zacharybrown.hubpages.com/hub/Kn … e-for-Free

8. brutishspoon profile image65
    brutishspoonposted 10 years ago

If only been on here under this user name for a short time and so far my best preforming article is:

http://brutishspoon.hubpages.com/hub/Da … ultiverse.

On my old profile that was band thanks to another writing site not deleting my articles It was another Science related one on Time Travel.

On the other site (Triond) at the moment my RuneScape articles are doing well but my best overall are all science related.

On Helium before they messed up it was a one on Trade Unions and why they are important.

9. bravewarrior profile image87
    bravewarriorposted 10 years ago

"Serta Rest 3" Gel Memory Foam Mattress - a consumer review" has 19,402 page views (posted 5/30/13) and increases daily. Next in line is "Green Tip #1 - Maintaining Your Septic Tank Without Chemicals" at 13,270 views (posted 10/14/11), which also increases daily. Top 3rd is "A Father's Love - Poem for My Dad" at 5,021 views (posted 4/18/12). It gets okay traffic but seems to spike around Fathers Day

wow! didnt expect to see a mattress article make the list, but i do know from experience that writing great septic tank articles doesnt stink the way one might think!!! smile

2. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Too funny, Kathleen. I think the mattress topper article does so well because it's a product review. I know I always look at reviews before I buy something I'm not familiar with.

I never even thought of doing product reviews but that is a great idea! Especially with my shopping habits!

4. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There ya go. You have a built-in niche. Just make sure you put "product review" or "consumer review" in the titles. When I search for a review, I type blah-blah-blah consumer reviews into the search engine.

10. Bob Go profile image59
    Bob Goposted 10 years ago

It wasn't here, but the most popular thing I ever wrote was on Global Warming basics. The second was on physical security for laptops (they get stolen a lot), and the third of "Top Signs Your Dog is Dying."

On HP, where I'm just getting started, it is "What Women Find Attractive In Men"

11. profile image0
    RIT NGOposted 10 years ago

http://ritngo.hubpages.com/hub/Releif-I … ganization
    This one is my favorite hub which is published. Please visit this hub and comment to a noble work by relief India trust, it is a social welfare organization in India.

You arent supposed to ask for views and comments, it is against hubpages rules.

12. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

My 40 ways to induce labor hub.

It had about 10 views a day for the first six months.

Now it averages around 1,500 views per day.

1. kalinin1158 profile image89
      kalinin1158posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow. So would you say that it takes about 6 months for a new hub to gain the audience?

2. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It depends on your topic and what competition you have.

WryLit I feel like you have so much wisdom and knowledge to share with others.

13. Kathleen Odenthal profile image88
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

WOW! WryLit that is nuts! Did it get reposted somewhere or something? What caused the surge?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's not a surge. It's been averaging that or more for at least two years. It ranks high in Google plus gets lots of Pinterest pins.

14. kalinin1158 profile image89
    kalinin1158posted 10 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9116928_f260.jpg

Ironically (and a little sadly for me as a writer) my most popular hub wasn't written by me. It's a collection of funny quotes about the Universe: "Hilarious Universe: Collection of Funny Quotes". I'm actually quite devastated by the fact, but what can you do? I can't compete with the likes of Einstein and Woody Allen.

But my second most popular article is all me: "Inside the Inipi: Sweat Lodge of the Lakota People". It's a personal account of my first sweat lodge experience.

And the third place goes to "Healing Chakras With Crystals" - a handy guide to crystal healing. That's the only "how-to" of the three.

In terms of comments, "Pineal Gland Activation" blew the competition away.

Thanks for an interesting question!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)