jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Unpublished hub

1. Anita Hasch profile image45
    Anita Haschposted 9 days ago

My hub about the beauty and health benefits of aloe contains an advert for a smart cellphone. Could this be the reason that this hub has been unpublished. How do I remove the advert?

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 9 days agoin reply to this

You can't remove it, it's part of HubPages ad program. It's not why the hub has been unpublished. There must be another reason.

Could be:

Amazon links unsuitable for the content.
      Other links.
      Grammatical errors.
      Factual errors.
      Poor formatting.
      Poor quality images.

We can't see it so difficult to say why.

I took a quick look at your Fenugreek for Health article to see if there are problems with it. I would say that you have lots of information in it but it is poorly structured.

There is no proper introduction at the beginning of the article. It dives straight in to making fenugreek tea.

Then you have a subtitle, 'Fenugreek is Popular in Curries' followed by a bullet list that includes facts that have nothing to do with curries.

After that section is a salad recipe.
      Then a review of a book, followed by a link to a blog.
      Then two sentences about cholesterol.
      Then a section about fenugreek capsules, which looks a little spammy, to be honest.
      Then you have a list of vitamins and minerals in fenugreek.
      Then a little section about growing fengugreek in containers and pots.
      And then it stops abruptly. No conclusion.

So if your Aloe hub is anything like that, it requires a thorough overhaul to improve its structure.

A good article goes like this:

**An introduction explaining what the hub is about and what you intend to cover in it.

**Logical sections that follow on from each other, each with a subtitle. All information under each subtitle is relevant to that title.

**A conclusion that sums up the information given.

Additionally all information must be pertinent to the article title itself, so if your title is about the health benefits of aloe, or fenugreek, or whatever, then the content must relate to health benefits. Going off topic is distracting and confusing to the reader. If they've come to read health benefits, they are not looking for salad recipes.

Rather than having an idea for an article and sitting down and typing what comes into your head, lay out a structure for it first. Your subtitles are like a road map. If you have those listed before you start writing, you know where the article is going. You won't go off-topic.

Hope that helps a little, Anita. I'm sure you will get Aloe republished and featured soon smile

Anita Haschposted 7 days agoin reply to this

Thank you for your reply. I see your point. However the salad recipe contains fenugreek which has got health benefits. The bullet list concerning the curry is about the benefits of the fenugreek an ingredient in the curry. Should I rather change my title to "All About Fenugreek,"  or something similar. I will pay more attention to my introduction and conclusion.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 days agoin reply to this

Once again, I suspect the problem in the Fenugreek Hub is the links.

Anita Haschposted 5 days agoin reply to this

Thank you, will check.

working