jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Who wants to add each other on Pinterest so we can help share articles

1. sarahspradlin profile image93
    sarahspradlinposted 7 days ago

I don't have enough followers and am not following enough people. I figured if I added some more people we could all help each other share articles when we like them. If you would like to do that, just drop your Pinterest name and I'll find you. Mine is www.pinterest.com/sarah_spradlin

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 days agoin reply to this

I think you'll find that doing this is not a good idea because it is a form of "cheating".  The whole idea of Pinterest is for people who see your photo to be interested enough to click on it and then read your article.  If you "share" with someone, sooner or later they'll catch on and might even ban you.  If your work is not good enough to stand on its own, then you shouldn't be posting it,  and you certainly shouldn't be trying to "share" clicks with another writer here.  Not very ethical.

sarahspradlinposted 7 days agoin reply to this

I disagree. If someone shares an article of mine that they like, it will then reach a different and larger audience. Thats all im trying to do. If someone wants to read it good, if not fine but its the same thing as asking friends or family to share. Not about cheating at all. Just trying to get my work out there. Thanks for your opinion though.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 days agoin reply to this

Read what Marisa said.

1. lobobrandon profile image90
            lobobrandonposted 6 days agoin reply to this

Ya, but the OP doesn't want to get the article viewed by a close circle formed here on HP, the goal is to get an initial audience who can then share her work (if they like it).

TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 days agoin reply to this

Either way, it's a form of cheating that can get you banned from Pinterest and is also unethical to do.

2. nikkikhan10 profile image83
    nikkikhan10posted 7 days ago

Nikki khan

sarahspradlinposted 7 days agoin reply to this

I will add you now!

3. sarahspradlin profile image93
    sarahspradlinposted 7 days ago

There were about 20 with that name. If you go to my link and add me I'll know it's you and add you back! smile

4. nikkikhan10 profile image83

Oh okay

5. nikkikhan10 profile image83

I already follow you,,so if you look up your followers list,can find me.thanks

6. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 days ago

For me, the main reason I won't do this is because it's not worth the effort. 

To earn money from affiliate income, as we do on HubPages, a thousand views will make you just a few dollars.  Getting ten or twenty friends to share or tweet or pin is a drop in the ocean.  Google used to value social shares highly, but there is now so much fake sharing going on, they've been devalued.

Also as TT2 says, the whole point of Pinterest (and other sites like it) is for people to share exceptional pictures, stuff they really like.  If people start sharing stuff because it's their own, or because it belongs to a friend, and they want to push it even though it's just ordinary, the whole site loses value.  So Pinterest takes a dim view of such practices and if you're found out, you get banned. The whole of HubPages has been banned several times, because too many Hubbers were playing promotional games.

working