jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Order Placement of new article

1. lambservant profile image93
    lambservantposted 5 weeks ago

I just published a new article yesterday but it was placed down three or four hubs on my profile page. New articles are usually placed first at the top. I want people to see it quickly. Any particular reason for this?

1. Venkatachari M profile image55
      Venkatachari Mposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Published articles do not show up on your profile generally. They appear only after it gets featured. The article will be shown on your accounts page only either at bottom or top till it gets featured.

1. Glenn Stok profile image99
        Glenn Stokposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

He's not talking about his account page. He was questioning why its not at the top of his profile listing.

As far as the account page goes, hubs show up there even before they are featured, and even before they are published. The order is controlled by clicking any column heading.

I understand that. But, how can an article show up on profile page before publishing? It will appear there only when featured. Till then, they are available only on the accounts page.

2. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 5 weeks ago

That’s a little strange, but actually nobody sees it yet. Only you do. It’s not approved yet. Wait until it’s featured and then I’m sure you’ll see it at the top on your profile.

3. lambservant profile image93
    lambservantposted 5 weeks ago

I think my newly published articles are usually shown immediately after I hit publish. And they are always at the top. I haven't written anything for a long long time that wasn't featured, but this is the weekend and it is a different kind of article that may not meet feature criteria because it's a photo journal. There is lots of writing, but there is a series of photos that go with what I've written. Tomorrow is a new week. I'm sure they'll let me know what's up. Thanks guys.

In that case (as you said all your articles are featured), it should appear at the top. Or did you edit any other articles after submitting this article? Because, always, the newest should appear at the top of your profile. I also wonder why did it happen like that.

1. Glenn Stok profile image99
        Glenn Stokposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

The order does not change when a hub is edited. The order is always latest published - top down. As for your prior question, unfeatured hubs will display in the list if one selects the option (in their profile settings) to display all hubs even if not featured.

In addition, newly published hubs will show up in the profile list initially for a short while before passing QAP. However, I never checked to see if this is only visible to the Hubber when logged in. It may not be visible to other people looking at your profile listing.

Thanks, Glenn, for clarifying my doubts and questions. In my profile settings, I selected to show only the featured hubs. But, I included one hub in my spot-lighted hubs as I treasured it very much even if it was unfeatured from time to time due to lack of traffic. It is the tribute to my wife.

working