jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Winter cleaning

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image91
    Ivan Hernandezposted 5 weeks ago

I'm doing a bit of winter cleaning. I'm deleting articles that are not popular, and I'm trying to improve my hubberscore at the same time. The black article has no value. Neither has the Pc article. I'm just deleting them. It might cost me 2 articles and 130 lifetime views, but I'm not worried, because I still have over 5900 views across all of my articles.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Views are what makes you money, not Hubberscore.

Ivan Hernandezposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Yes. Problem is that I didn't make money on these articles. They happened before I did my taxes.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I am not sure what taxes has to do with it. A published hub will earn, a deleted one will not.

2. greenmind profile image95
      greenmindposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi Erick -- instead of deleting, consider just unpublishing. Once deleted, your work is gone forever. If you just unpublish, it still exists but is invisible to the world.

2. kaiyan717 profile image85
    kaiyan717posted 5 weeks ago

I agree. Hubberscore means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I keep them all, good and bad. You never know when something will start getting hits. Helps me to see how I have grown as well.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image99
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 weeks ago

I used to do the same thing you are doing now. However, I have discovered that some hubs just take a long time to find their audience, and I'm talking over two years. Some of my hubs that are doing very well now once had no traffic.

It costs you nothing to keep a hub around. OK, maybe it makes you feel better to see a tidy page, but really that's of no consequence.

Ivan Hernandezposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks, although the article about African Americans needs revision. The article about the Pc is not popular.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 weeks ago

Many hubs are not popular when published. But you never know when a topic will become hot.  And even unpopular hubs make a few cents and it all adds up.  I have had a hub do nothing for over three years, and then suddenly get love from Google for whatever reason and start earning.

I have one or two very hot hubs that always earn well, but most of my earnings come from the other 190 that get a few hits  day each. Once you have sunk the effort into making a hub, and it is published and featured, there is no financially-based reason to delete it.  Don't let aesthetics pick your pocket.

working