jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Do you focus on the keywords when writing your article?

1. Ryan Cornelius profile image65
    Ryan Corneliusposted 5 weeks ago

Keyword

1. Robie Benve profile image100
      Robie Benveposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I usually focus on keywords for the titles and subtitles, then I write what I know. Sometimes it's a fine line. In some occasions, HB editors found my articles too stuffed on keywords and I was asked to review, rephrase, and find synonyms. It was completely unintentional from my part, and I actually appreciated the heads-up.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

No...except to see how many times I may have used one.  If too often, then I reword or rewrite sections.

3. NateB11 profile image95
      NateB11posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I only consider keywords for titles. If you have a badly crafted title you can count on getting no traffic at all.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 weeks ago

I think about it, but it would be 4th or 5th on the list of things I focus on.

3. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 5 weeks ago

Not at all. If you do so, and Google figures out that you are keyword stuffing, your article is going to be tossed to the bottom of the bin.
    Write about what you are interested in, and let the keywords insert themselves naturally.

1. Ryan Cornelius profile image65
      Ryan Corneliusposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

That's what I do

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 weeks ago

I don't see thinking about keywords as the same as keyword stuffing.  When I am writing to solve a problem, I think about what people might type into Google if they had that problem and I include those words and phrases in the hub.

1. brianrock profile image85
      brianrockposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Agree 100%. Keywords are important when it comes to titles and semantic phrases. You want to make sure that a) you're writing about something people want to know and b) Google knows that you're writing about it.

You don't need to stuff a keyword in your article a thousand times (or even repeat the exact version of the keyword), but you do need to make sure that the keyword exists as a semantic phrase in your article and in your heading.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 weeks ago

Nope.
    Well, that was easy.
    (exits thread)

1. NateB11 profile image95
      NateB11posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

lol

6. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

These days, it's very easy to keyword-stuff if you start thinking about keywords consciously.    I approach it backwards these days - I write the article first, then do some research on what keywords people are using, and see where I can rephrase to include more of them (and also to reduce excessive repetition of the ones I've already got).

working