jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Filtering for just articles

1. Kella Hanna-Wayne profile image92
    Kella Hanna-Wayneposted 4 weeks ago

I've been looking for writers on hubpages to follow and searching for articles in my lines of interest as a means of finding people. However, when I pick a topic, I find a list of almost entirely Q&A's, discussions, and very few articles. Even when I am on my profile, click on the menu, "explore" and select "articles" I'm taken to a mixed list that is mostly Q&A's.

Is there a way to search through topics on hubpages and filter for articles? How do people find interesting articles to read? What are your tips for exploring other writers on hubpages?

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

You might try going through one of the vertical sites, about topics that interest you, and checking out some of the hubs you find there.

2. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

If you go to your profile page you can type into the search box at the top of the page,  the subjects which you are interested in.  I might put in felting for instance.  It will bring up all the hubs about felting.  I find this the easiest way.

2. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 4 weeks ago

Kella, as Wilderness points out, you need to look on the vertical sites for better articles. You can pull up that search page and look further down (pages 5, 6, etc) to find articles but those are the ones that were not good enough to be moved to a niche site. What are you looking for? Almost surely there is a niche (vertical) site about it.

3. Kella Hanna-Wayne profile image92
    Kella Hanna-Wayneposted 4 weeks ago

I only know of the vertical site that my articles have been accepted to, Delishably, and other than clicking on my own articles, I don't know how to access the other vertical sites. I've searched the site a fair amount and can't find any links that take me to these niche sites.

1. DrMark1961 profile image99
      DrMark1961posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this
        Kella Hanna-Wayneposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

This is helpful, but I'm feeling pretty baffled that these network sites don't seem to be actually linked to from anywhere on hubpages. Do you just have to know they are there and enter the url? That seems like a terrible way to get writers to engage in with other writers' content.

4. TessSchlesinger profile image94
    TessSchlesingerposted 4 weeks ago

I tend to like to read people who have similar interests to my own. So I look at the articles which are placed next to mine and take it from there. Also I like to follow the people who are on this forum as they give me a lot of help. smile

that's a good idea, thanks

5. EricFarmer8x profile image97
    EricFarmer8xposted 4 weeks ago

I find people to follow by searching the subdomains I want to write for. I browse and search for things like I am just a standard reader. I look for things that catch my eye and read them. If I like it I consider following the Hubber.

How did you discover those subdomains in the first place?

1. EricFarmer8x profile image97
        EricFarmer8xposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

The editorial policy lists all of them. I saw somebody mention this once in the forums. You can see it here.
        https://hubpages.com/help/sites-editorial-policy

Thank you! Finally, an actual list of links!

working