jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

White Spaces

1. Anita Hasch profile image46
    Anita Haschposted 7 weeks ago

Hi. Does anyone know how to get rid of white spaces when using a tablet. Thanks

1. eugbug profile image99
      eugbugposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Do you mean space characters or blank lines?
      I'm not quite sure whether the on-screen key pad on an iPad has a delete key, but the Android keypad has, so to delete blank lines, simply position the cursor at the end of a paragraph and tap del until the blank lines are removed. Just use the backspace key to remove space characters, tabs or other whitespace characters.
      If you're referring to text capsules on HubPages, you can remove blank lines by taping on the HTML button while editing a capsule, and delete unwanted <P><\P> tags.

1. Anita Hasch profile image46
        Anita Haschposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you. I have some white spaces between the capsules on some of my hubs. I am using s android tablet.

2. paperfacets profile image91
    paperfacetsposted 7 weeks ago

Yeah, one editor was very specific about white spaces as one of the no's no's. The HTML removal of <p> seems to work, but I still have troubles with the last line or so.

I may be imagining this, but waiting a few more seconds before hitting "save" for the module gets more of the white space removed.

3. Sherry H profile image84
    Sherry Hposted 7 weeks ago

If I'm not wrong getting your question. The white spaces are lines which you left blank in a capsule, may be due to some sentences you delete after writing.
    As eugbug said, delete those blank lines using backspace key.

1. Rafa Baxa profile image89
      Rafa Baxaposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

That happened to me. I somehow leave spaces before and after paragraphs when copying and pasting them from docs to capsules. Took some time to figure out why there were white spaces.

4. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago

If you cut and paste from Word (or any word processing program), you may paste in some formatting along with the text.  That will cause white spaces. 

The easiest way to avoid the problem is to paste your text into Wordpad or Notepad first.  That will lose any extraneous formatting.   Then cut and paste it from there into HubPages. 

Sometimes you''ll find white space at the end of your text capsules.  Position your cursor at the end of the text and hit "Delete" a few times.

5. Anita Hasch profile image46
    Anita Haschposted 7 weeks ago

Thank you.

working