jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Getting broken link message for a working link

1. Rafa Baxa profile image89
    Rafa Baxaposted 7 weeks ago

I got the broken link message for this link - https://newsstand.google.com/ in my article, but the link seems to be working just fine.

In the broken links page, it says "Error: 403 Forbidden" and when I tried the retest button, it says "link bad".

What should I do? The link in the article is marked with strikethrough.

Link to the article:
    https://hubpages.com/technology/8-Great … -With-News

2. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 7 weeks ago

Just substitute it for a changed new link.

Rafa Baxaposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Do you mean some alternative link? It's the homepage of the website, and it is working fine. I don't understand why it's marked as broken.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 7 weeks ago

Try taking off the last slash, it might jog it back to working

I just tried taking out the last slash. Still the same. Might just have to wait till it gets checked again, maybe. Thanks for the reply!

2. Rafa Baxa profile image89

Taking out the last slash worked! Just checked my article! The link is no longer “broken”. Thanks a lot for the help, psycheskinner!

4. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 7 weeks ago

Just a guess, but it may have something to do with the fact that a login to your Google account is required. It’s forbidden to bots that check for validity, so it looks like a bad link to the bot.

A solution is to display it to your reader as regular text, not as a hyperlink. That will eliminate the strikethrough.

I have another google link just below it, and it seems to be working fine. And I wouldn’t say login is actually necessary for it.

5. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago

I've had several "broken links" symbols on my Hubs for the last week or so, and none of the links are broken.   I'm not worrying about it as they're not critical links.  This has happened before and sorted itself out eventually.

I have left it for now too. Maybe they’ll pass if there’s a recheck.

working