jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

How do I change from HP Amazon to Personal Amazon A/C?

1. Will Apse profile image93
    Will Apseposted 2 weeks ago

Assuming that you can still use your own Amazon account...

1. Susana S profile image97
      Susana Sposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

That's an interesting question. It was so long ago that Amazon was brought into the HubPages earning program that I can't recall what they said about using our own affiliate code.

The answer will probably be on the blog or in the HubPages announcements forum.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

Click "configure" and paste your affiliate code in instead of the HubPages one.

3. Will Apse profile image93
    Will Apseposted 2 weeks ago

The only option when I click 'configure' is 'deactivate the Amazon program'. If I deactivate it, I can see no option to use my own account.

1. galleryofgrace profile image80
      galleryofgraceposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

The same thing happened on my account. Apparently HP will not allow you to have an Amazon affiliate link that they don't get a share of.
      Therefore I quit using Amazon capsules
      I use the same code on other sites but they don't get passed threw HP.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Apologies, obviously something has changed.

4. theraggededge profile image100
    theraggededgeposted 2 weeks ago

Have you tried using your own affiliate link in the hubs themselves, rather than the HP capsule or link?

Will Apseposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

You mean I have to manually re-enter every single amazon ad? Maybe I should just try switching off the amazon program and see if it goes back to where it was before I opted in. It would be nice to have a 'revert to your own a/c' option.

Something for tomorrow, I reckon.

5. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 2 weeks ago

It looks like you can still use your own Amazon ID but it means coming out of the whole HubPages earning program. It's not 100% clear but that's what I can make out.

https://hubpageshelp.com/money/Learning … te-account

Will Apseposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Thx for that. Seems to be a one way street. You can enter the HP Amazon program, but you cannot leave.

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I read that article and I didn't interpret it like that at all. Let's see if the staff drop in to explain.

working