jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Quote of the Day - Calvin Coolidge

1. Kenna McHugh profile image86
    Kenna McHughposted 2 weeks ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13854682_f1024.jpg
    "After all, the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with producing, buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world."
    --Calvin Coolidge

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image63
      Ashish Dadgaaposted 6 days agoin reply to this

@Kenna,

Excellent quote by Calvin.

Kenna McHughposted 6 days agoin reply to this

Thank you, Ashish.

2. aesta1 profile image86
    aesta1posted 6 days ago

This Sunday afternoon, we were walking the Gran Via here in Barcelona looking for a bar of soap but there is hardly anything open. A small grocery store, bakeries, restaurants and cafes. As we passed by a bakery, we saw the owner closed the front door and my husband and myself smiled saying, he must be going home to his family. My husband continued, he gave part of his time so people can have bread today, and now, he wants to have some time for what he really wants.

In Spain, most stores and businesses, even during the weekdays, are not open all the time. The owners and people working in them have time to spend on themselves not doing those profound concerns important to Americans. In Switzerland, they close up for lunch and spend the time with their families. There are other concerns that sadly North America forget as they go about their business.

Kenna McHughposted 6 days agoin reply to this

So well said. Yes. I agree. We need to take the time and spend it with those we love.

working