jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like to get some feedback on my article: 13 Things You Need to Kno

1. Yuval Barak profile image85
    Yuval Barakposted 12 days ago

Hello everyone, I'd like to get some feedback on my article: 13 Things You Need to Know Before Going to a Doctor's Appointment. I'm new to TheHub and would really appreciate hearing your opinion, especially if you can give me any specifics or examples to things you would do differently.
    Thank you for your help!
    http://hub.me/alI7I

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 12 days agoin reply to this

Hi there,

This is a really good article. A good start to your HubPages career.

A few things need improvement, but they are minor.

Consider shortening the title.

Improve the opening paragraph. We all do this thing: starting with a bland, general statement. An article needs a snappy, attention-grabbing intro. It's your one chance to snag your reader and keep them reading. Begin with a short sentence.

Your first image comes from a copyrighted site: Copyright 2018, American Osteopathic Association. All rights reserved. You can't lift images from the web and republish them. You could be sued. Use a site like Pixabay who provide Creative Commons images. There's also Pexels and Unsplash.

Use the numbering system in the text capsule. It will add an indent and make your points look more professional.

Check that the information you are giving out is appropriate to all readers. For instance, in the UK we've just been told to Google our symptoms before making an appointment. Additionally, our health service is under so much pressure that appointments, by necessity, are speedy. There's no relaxed, take-your-time here smile And you can't demand a second opinion, the NHS just doesn't have the resources.

Check your grammar, read all the text aloud, for example, "You’re always entitled of getting a second opinion." should be "You're always entitled to ask for a second opinion." (Unless you live in the UK).

Don't use too many call-out capsules. I find them jarring. They interrupt the flow. I tend to use them only for quotations, but it's a matter of personal choice. If you use them, make sure they are grammatically correct. Don't capitalise letters that shouldn't be capitalised. Same with your poll.

The dog photo is from Pinterest. Same thing applies as the first image. You have to use legal images: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … -image-use

Make sure your subtitles relate to the content. It's a chance to add in relevant keywords. Your subtitles are vague.

Can't think of anything else. I'm sure you'll get this approved.

Yuval Barakposted 12 days agoin reply to this

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help.

2. Yuval Barak profile image85

Can you tell me how to make the numbers right? In every capsule they start again from 1 and I don't know how to make it continue where I last stopped.

1. theraggededge profile image100
          theraggededgeposted 12 days agoin reply to this

Oh, yes, I forgot about that. Sorry. No, there's nothing you can do. Leave it as it is. I might be tempted to make the first two or three words (the point you're making) bold in order to make them stand out.

Great, thanks again for all your help!

working