This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: No barriers

1. Bhargavi Acharya profile image82
    Bhargavi Acharyaposted 4 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article No barriers (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

You need to use paragraphs and lose the swear words. They really aren't necessary, and look unprofessional.

It reads an awful lot like an article I read yesterday on Thought Catalogue, even down to the cursing.

Bhargavi Acharyaposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much!

2. greenmind profile image96
      greenmindposted 4 months agoin reply to this

I like the outpouring of positive vibes. There's a mixed metaphor in the middle, though -- a freight train cannot punch anyone in the face.

2. Atanas Yonkov profile image84
    Atanas Yonkovposted 4 months ago

Hi Bhargavi Acharya,

In my opinion, your article is a bit difficult to read. First thing you should do - change the headline. Make it more interesting. Your goal should be to grab the readers from the first sentence and not to let them go until the last. You should give more examples to make it more understandable and concise. Give some interesting ideas and examples. Just declaring that "life sucks" a few times in your article is not convincing enough.

It is also a good idea to put some visuals (images). Make it a bit longer and more interesting. Good luck!

Thank you!!! ^_^

3. Rupert Taylor profile image98
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 months ago

Very thin on information and some of the phrasing leaves me puzzled.

"Ashen yourself in moments and memories and everything in between." Huh?

I just don't see this as HubPages material. More of a personal blog.

Thank you for the feedback! smile

working