jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If Average Hourly Pay In US Is Above $10, Why Is It Many Americans Spend Hours O

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

If Average Hourly Pay In US Is Above $10, Why Is It Many Americans Spend Hours On Meager Adsense?

2. surfgatinho profile image80
    surfgatinhoposted 8 years ago

I earn around $150-200 per day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year from Adsense.

Do the math!

Then again a) I ain't American and b) the average wage is probably closer to $20 p/hr

3. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

First, AdSense is not always so "meager" for some people.

Second, $10 an hour in the US is pretty low, when it comes to owning or renting a home, paying utility bills, owning a car, paying for gas, paying for things like car insurance, etc. etc.

$10 a hour at 40 hours a week is $400.  The government takes a good chunk out of that.  I'm guessing that the person who makes $400 may only get to keep about (again, guessing) maybe $330?  That would amount to less than $1650 "take-home" pay a month.

A one-bedroom apartment in a not-so-great neighborhood (in Massachusetts anyway) can run around $1000 a month.  That leaves the remaining $660 to cover everything else, including food, clothes, other necessities, child care (for some), etc. etc.

Besides the above, if someone can pick up a few hundred dollars a month with something like AdSense - who wouldn't want to?   These days people are looking for back-ups to their main income, because a lot of people are worried about being laid off or having their pays cut.

4. kmackey32 profile image67
    kmackey32posted 8 years ago

I make $11 an hour as a CNA and anyway i can make a few extra bucks i am willing to try!!

working