jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Can't cut and paste into text capsule

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Several times recently, I've found that I can type directly into a text capsule, but I can't paste anything in there.   Which is an almighty nuisance if I've written a whole article in Word and don't want to retype it all!

Any idea what causes this and how to fix it?

2. kellyfilmgirl profile image61
    kellyfilmgirlposted 9 years ago

Try hitting ctrl + V to paste into a module. Ctrl + C to copy.

3. Rudra profile image60
    Rudraposted 9 years ago

It should. CTRL C and CTRL V, a new window will open and then paste in there.

4. vizdom profile image57
    vizdomposted 9 years ago

An alternative to (CTRL + C) is (SHIFT + Insert) ..That works perfectly...No new window will open..(SHIFT + Delete) can also be used to CUT text.

5. Marisa Wright profile image95

Thanks, but I've already tried all your suggestions plus:

- right click and paste
    - using the browser Edit button
    - using the paste button in the capsule

Actually, I now know when it's not going to work, because the menu that comes up when I right click is not the correct one - there's a "paste" but not a "cut" option.

6. Marisa Wright profile image95

Thanks, but I've already tried all your suggestions plus:

- right click and paste
    - using the browser Edit button
    - using the paste button in the capsule

Actually, I now know when it's not going to work, because the menu that comes up when I right click is not the correct one - there's a "paste" but not a "cut" option.

7. Apae profile image49
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

Try writing your articles in notepad rather than word. This will make it plain text format and works for me.

8. Marisa Wright profile image95

Apae, good suggestion!   It occurred to me last night and I tried it, thinking "Aha!  Now I've got you!"

Didn't work.    $%%^^*&*!

9. Marisa Wright profile image95

I should say, I never have any problem on my home machine, where I use the Opera browser.  It's just my work PC that plays up.  Don't know whether it has anything to do with their firewall or security settings.   It's not even consistent - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

working