Do you use the text capsules directly to write hubs or do you use word and then

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (23 posts)
  1. rajan jolly profile image91
    rajan jollyposted 12 years ago

Do you use the text capsules directly to write hubs or do you use word and then copy paste?

or do you use some other application?

2. Dee aka Nonna profile image61
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 12 years ago

I copy and paste.  It makes it easier, for me, to think as I write and although I am not the best editor of what I write I can see mistakes somewhat easier.

3. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 12 years ago

I write in Word first, then copy paste each paragraph into the next Text Capsule.  I do that because I like to break my Hub up into many text capsules.

4. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

In the beginning would do copy and paste but I get a better sense how the story will look and the writing flow just seems to go better the other way. Do print up several copies of each article though.

5. J.S.Matthew profile image79
    J.S.Matthewposted 12 years ago

Are you a slow typist? Are you sick of misspelling words and constant editing? This article will explore the many benefits of using the Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Software to Create Articles In Half the Time! read more

6. vocalcoach profile image92
    vocalcoachposted 12 years ago

Most of the time I write my text in word and then copy and paste. I have, however, written directly in the text capsule a few times. It depends on how much research I do and the length of of the hub.

7. DonnaCosmato profile image86
    DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years ago

I do both depending on the article as lots of times once I get it into the various capsules, I can see where I might need to flesh the article out with another section or more information. If I'm just adding a paragraph or two, it's just as easy to type it right into the text capsules.

8. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 12 years ago

I write in Word, e-mail it to my girlfriend and to my sister. Then I copy and paste to the hub. I keep all my original work in Eord files. Greg

9. Justjed profile image60
    Justjedposted 12 years ago

Well for as for me, I complete the writeup first in word, do the editing and when I am done, I copy straight into the text capsule

10. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I use WORD, then copy and paste after I have it pretty much edited the way I want.

11. badegg profile image81
    badeggposted 12 years ago

I copy and paste. That way I have a record of what I wrote on file.

12. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

I use Word, copy it and read it, then edit several times then copy and paste into capsule. I check spelling in Word and in capsule. I would like to work with a better word processor.

13. JamaGenee profile image78
    JamaGeneeposted 12 years ago

I switch back and forth.  When I have a pretty good idea of everything I want to say, I'll write it directly in a text capsule.  If not, I'll start writing a hub in Word and play with it until I'm 99% satisfied, then copy|paste into a text capsule. (The last 1% is the tweaking I ALWAYS do before finally hitting "Publish" - checking spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. one last time.)

14. favouriteperfume profile image55
    favouriteperfumeposted 12 years ago

I copy and paste in Word, but sometimes I have to tweak the formatting as it all comes out underlined.

15. hoteltravel profile image63
    hoteltravelposted 12 years ago

I write in Word and copy-paste into text capsule. I do this as I am used to Word and am most comfortable with its features.

16. CZCZCZ profile image89
    CZCZCZposted 12 years ago

It depends sometimes I will write a hub in a text editor like Google Docs and then just copy and paste over.  Invariably I will edit or write in the text module to make the hub what I am trying to achieve.  The Editor is actually easy to write in, in my opinion.

17. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

I've done both - I sort of like the flow of writing it ahead of time & then copying it into capsules. It's easier to break it into logical sections that way. Otherwise, I've ended up cutting & moving content after the capsules are installed just to break things up a bit.

18. lex123 profile image79
    lex123posted 12 years ago

Most of the time I write directly on the text capsules. Before writing I will make a rough draft in my mind.  Since we have a saving mode in hubpages, I save it as draft (save unpublished) and come back and edit it as and when I need it. Once I'm satisfied I'll publish it. I find it very convenient that way.

19. Capedium profile image60
    Capediumposted 12 years ago

Both.. Sometimes or rather most times I use word.....

20. roxanne459 profile image80
    roxanne459posted 12 years ago

I do both as well. I usually start on Word, then add more when I'm creating the Hub. smile

21. donnaisabella profile image72
    donnaisabellaposted 12 years ago

I used to cut and paste, but now that my internet is very reliable, I use the text capsule, it works well!

22. modgirlok profile image60
    modgirlokposted 12 years ago

I use the text capsule currently, but if I'm without an internet connection and feel the urge to write I wouldn't hesitate to write on Word and copy/paste.

23. athena2011 profile image58
    athena2011posted 12 years ago

I write them on my computer first and then copy and paste into my hubpage. Prefer to have it on my computer first. I also check spelling and grammar before submitting to a hub.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)