jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Duplicate

1. suziecat7 profile image81
    suziecat7posted 8 years ago

I've just published a Hub and in red it says "Duplicate". I'm not sure what I should do. The photos are from my own yard. I did copy a poem by Louisa May Alcott which I attributed to her. Can someone help me please? Should I delete the Hub?

1. profile image0
      MangoGirlposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No, you shouldn't. Duplicate means that the content you posted also appears somewhere else on the net in the same form. In your case it's because of the poem. If you add some more thought of your own to the hub the duplicate flag will disappear.

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

A big slab of duplicate content without rejigging will keep the flag up.

Though if suziecat doesn't mind the flag (which only she can see) and she doesn't put any offsite links to the hub, it should be fine to keep.

1. profile image0
          MangoGirlposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Saw the hub and still think adding content will solve it. To say the least, I've never seen a guy who is such a mixture of sarcasm, pessimism, optimism and altruism as you are. Strictly in a good sense, though. smile

2. freelanceworld profile image60
      freelanceworldposted 8 years ago in reply to this

just went through ur hub "Mountain " one.. yes.. content seem to be less.. and of course poem thing flags it off.. didn't check about content before poem? is that your own?

2. suziecat7 profile image81

Thank you so much. I'll add more of my thoughts this evening.

3. freelanceworld profile image60
    freelanceworldposted 8 years ago

Mangogirl
    pretty unique name ..like mangoes? which ones?
    i like them  too smile

4. suziecat7 profile image81

Yes, the rest of the content is mine with some research. Photos are mine too. I may just add more of my own content and delete the poem. Thanks, everyone

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you need the poem, and want to avoid duplicity, then make it into a graphic (520 pixels wide) and upload it in the Photo Capsule.

2. freelanceworld profile image60
      freelanceworldposted 8 years ago in reply to this

And if you wanna go more creative..
      - Just drink some water
      - Clear ur thread
      - Go and recite it with your heart in there while recording the video or even audio
      - Publish it on youtube or any allowed video broadcaster sites
      & voila.... you hub will get enriched more
      http://i42.tinypic.com/2ezmfqc.jpg
      isnt it?

Cheers & enjoy hubbing

working