Ebay and amazon problem

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)
  1. BrainStorm profile image59
    BrainStormposted 11 years ago

    My ebay and amazon clicks and earnings are not beeing recorded.I just signed up with both of them and pasted the required affiliate id in the affiliate settings.What else should i do?
    An "edit" option is still being shown in the affiliate settings page near ebay and amazon.

    1. Jerrico Usher profile image55
      Jerrico Usherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

      realize also that earnings are based on page impressions which some are yours others are hubpages.. your not making 60% of every single click made (adsense) to your hub page but clicks made on 60% of impressions (people clicking ads on your pages).. so if by some random chance the 40% of the people landing on the pages hub page impressions gets you could get alot of clicks and make nothing.. but chances are better than that in your favor.. I didnt realize this until recently.. I though we got paid 60/40 on each and every impression but thats not the case its impressions are randomly split at 60% in your favor, just hope they click on your portion of impressions more than not smile

  2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 11 years ago

    That's all you need to do, the values you entered look ok to me.  Earnings can take a while to trickle in since you have to make an actual sale to make money.

  3. BrainStorm profile image59
    BrainStormposted 11 years ago

    Oh...It thought just clicks are enough..Then better i remove them i think...What do u say?

  4. relache profile image82
    relacheposted 11 years ago

    On eBay and Amazon, you don't earn anything if people just click on a link, you earn when people click on a link and then actually make a purchase.

    I earned over $100 from eBay on my Hubs in October.

    If you want to take the links down, that's your choice, but if you're trying to earn something with your Hubs, that seems awfully counterproductive.

  5. BrainStorm profile image59
    BrainStormposted 11 years ago

    You are right but my topic specialization dont attract much "buying's" i think..

  6. BrainStorm profile image59
    BrainStormposted 11 years ago

    One more thing..Earlier i had posted that my affiliate(one of my friend) is not shown..That problem still ppersists. Paul, will you pls check if "michu110" is my affiliate or not. He is the guy.If not what should i do to link the account?
    I know that he has published 8 hubs today and my settings do not show that.

  7. BrainStorm profile image59
    BrainStormposted 11 years ago

    Paul,,Pls answer me...

  8. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 years ago

    How did you sign him up, Brainstorm?  Are you sure he used the link you gave him?  Are you sure you put your tracker in the link correctly?

  9. BrainStorm profile image59
    BrainStormposted 11 years ago

    It was ok Marisa, He wanted to join hubpages since he saw my hubs.So i gave him my tracker link.I'm sure he joined via me. So cant paul link b/n us? The user i told too will permit it...

  10. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 11 years ago

    I sent you an email about 12 hours ago BrainStorm, did you receive it?  The short answer is that your friend is now associated to your tracker.

  11. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 years ago

    Sounds like this is solved Brainstorm, but I'm wondering if perhaps he didn't use your tracker.

    I gave someone a link to another site once.  She didn't get around to checking out the site at home, but remembered a couple of days later at work.  So, of course, she typed the name of the site directly into her browser (because she didn't have my link with her).  No tracker, no affiliation.

  12. coolbreeze profile image48
    coolbreezeposted 11 years ago

    I am new to hubpages although I am not new to the web.

    I like hubpages and the community, We have a very unique step up here as many of us are aware of. I wanted to share my experience as a ebay affiliate.
    I call ebay affiliate program the cookie platter.  For one reason your real job is to pass out cookies.

    Now everytime someone clicks on an ebay affiliate link containing your PID they are cookied
    for a week I think it is, if I remember correctly.

    I have used tracking software to track over 5000 ebay transactions that came through my
    network.  Over half of the people that received cookies from me did not buy the item they were cookied for.

    This means that your job really in my opinion is to get people cookied and get them to ebay,
    because statistically they arent going to buy what they were cookied for.

    This is just my little study and opnion.

    I try to concentrate and passing out the cookies thats it. This has really shifted my focus because before I was attempting to sell the item I was writing about.

    Now I learned  cookie anyone ;-)   Yummy Cookies  They taste good Huh ;-)

    Hope this helps


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)