I removed my eBay and amazon affiliat ids from settings.Still ebay and amazon ads are shown when a user visits my page via a search engine.What is interesting is that the it is not shown when i myself visit my pages after logging in...For eg, a search of "Nayantara hot" in Google gives 4th result as my hub.When i click that and visit the page, eBay ads are shown.But ads are not shown if i do the same if im logged in.Someone help me in removing that please..
When you edit your Hubs, there is an option at the top for your advertising settings. It's right below where you enter the title for your Hub.
There we can just select the no of ads, right...Actually i want the ads to be displayed.But only google ones...You kno for last two days, my eCPM reduced from 1$ - 0.32$ and no of clicks almost halved....Just because eBay ads are more prominent than google ones....I'm tired.My earnings dropped from 6$ to 2$...Help me..
My hubscore too dropped by 5 points one single day..What is happening to my account..??
It does fluctuate a little. Whenever I edit anHub I drop a score.
If you remove the ebay id from your affiliate settings at HubPages, the ebay ads should not run in your share of the impressions. There is an AdSense policy that prohibits revealing your specific CPM or CTR. You're allowed to reveal your total earnings, and that's pretty much it. So, I'd be careful about what you say.
HubScore constantly fluctuates. Your hubs seems to have a lot of links in them. Excessive linking can result in a reduced HubScore, especially when all your links tend to go the same sites. Also, I've noticed that photo hubs, and especially ones that focus on Indian celebrities, tend to get more thumbs down than other hubs. A few thumbs down aren't going to have a big effect, but a lot of them might.
I'm still having eBAY ad context in my hub pages...Its 4 days after i removed my ebay id...Pls help me paul
Paul, I was having ebay ads show up before I had an ebay affiliate ID - it all started the week Whitney and I (and whoever else) were mentioning it in the other forum.
I've now gotten rid of my ebay ID (i had it for maybe 1 week) and I'm hoping the ads go away.
You get 60% of the impressions and HubPages takes the other 40% (or less in some cases). During your share of impressions (60% of the time), we will not run ebay context ads if you do not have an ebay affiliate token set up. However during the other 40% of the time we may run them. What happens during that 40% does not directly affect your revenue.
Oh.. duh. I get it now. I was thinking I shouldn't be seeing them ever but you're saying 40% of the time they might be there. Somehow it just seems like there are so many of them lately.. guess its cos they look so.. out of place. But ok then, thanks!
As this is on the same topic, I hope this wont change the thread too much - I was wondering the same thing, but I do have an ebay affiliate set up. Is it possible to be selective or does it automatically go on all my hubs?
Getting a little fed up of seeing dogfood ads
Mark -- there isn't any way to selectively turn them on and off. We're working with ebay to improve the contextual sensitivity of the ads, but I can't say for sure when they will improve.
Are you seeing any benefit or income from these things at all?
If they are not improving soon, I vote to get rid of them altogether. They're not helping us or Ebay the way they are.
Since advertising is how HubPages pays for itself and allows us to all use it for free, I don't think voting to get rid of the ads is going to be very productive.
Over the last year and a half, I've seen a lot of growth in the traffic I get on HubPages and my earnings from this time last year until now have definitely gone up. I trust the Hub team to work out the ads.
I guess I will just have to live with them until it's sorted.
by Chitrangada Sharan 4 years ago
While placing ads on hubs, such as Amazon and eBay, how many ads can we choose?I have seen many hubs having more than two ads, whereas when I choose I have options only upto 2, both for Amazon and eBay.
by Paul Edmondson 5 years ago
We are going to increase Amazon earnings for most of you! Amazon is becoming part of the HP Earnings program. In early November folks will have the opportunity to switch to get paid their Amazon earnings through the HP Earnings program. For new Hubbers, this will greatly simplify...
by Sondra Rochelle 6 years ago
Awhile back we were advised to remove all ads except for two or HP would come by later and do it for us. I dutifully removed all of my "extras", but am now continually seeing articles, some of them fairly new, with many, many ads. When I place ads on my hubs, I am...
by Daniel 6 years ago
Here's something for you guys to consider, and I am simply reiterating a comment I made on another post. You need organic traffic to your Hubs! Why? If you are using adsense, or any other monetization method on Hubpages, you will not, I repeat, you will NOT get credit for clicks on your ads from...
by Jeffrey Tymczak 8 years ago
Ebay sent me an email today, if I dont remove the ebay ads from my lens, they will close my eBay Partner account????These are some examples, and not a complete list. We recommend you remove all your links from any site which you do not own. Thank you for your cooperation. Sincerely, eBay Partner...
by Heather Edgens 7 years ago
Okay, I just signed up like two seconds ago, and I am seriously confused. I can figure it all out (I think for the most part) on my own, once I get reading into everything, but I have one major question that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere.Do I have to have a google adsense account to...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|