jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Drag Me to Hell movie ad on my profile page

1. Alexander Mark profile image84
    Alexander Markposted 8 years ago

There was an ad for the "Drag Me to Hell" movie on my profile page. I am mostly offended by horror movies, and was shocked that this was on my profile page. I do not believe that it is a Google Adsense ad. How can I censor this material? It had moving images that were too vile for general public. Maybe I'll write a hub on disrespectful ads on the internet :-)
    Seriously, if anyone has an answer, I would love to see it. Thanks.

1. Lucey Knight profile image82
      Lucey Knightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ummm.....maybe try going to the about us section and try emailing someone on the HubPages team.  I think the ads like that are pretty much random.  That's my best guess.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You only receive 60% of the page impressions. The other 40% belong to hubpages. If it wasn't a google ad I would think it was one of theirs, and there is nothing you can do about it.

If it was  a google ad, you can go to your adsense account and block the company providing the ad. This will at least stop it from displaying on your impressions.

3. Alexander Mark profile image84
      Alexander Markposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks both of you, I figured it was like that. Appreciate the possible solutions, I will them both.

working