I don't understand why I'm not earning ad revenue when I've had hundreds of peop

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. naysanorth profile image60
    naysanorthposted 14 years ago

I don't understand why I'm not earning ad revenue when I've had hundreds of people view my blogs

Can someone please help me?  I'm a new author as I signed up one week ago.  My author score is 85 and I've had hundreds of people view my stories.  My affiliate codes are set/active.  All except for ebay which won't let you earn ad revenue unless you can prove that you are personally hosting your own site, which I'm not, as HubPages is. It doesn't make sense why I'm not earning revenue and I've read multiple pages in search of answers, as well as emailed HubPages (no response from them) to no avail.  Thanks for your help!

2. alexd181 profile image60
    alexd181posted 14 years ago

You only have 5 hubs so far, which is generally not enough to earn hardly anything at all. Keep going, after 20 or so hubs you'll begin to see ad revenue.

3. Kananesgi profile image63
    Kananesgiposted 14 years ago

I'll chime in here as a fellow newbie.  Alexd181's answer seems to be the norm.  I, too, am not generating any revenue even though I've had nearly 65 hits on my one and only hub so far (I;ve got 2 more inproduction and a few ideas for yet more).  I honestly did not expect to start making money at this point, and that's not the main reason I'm here, either.

However, that being said, can anyone say why we need so many hubs with so many hits before we start seeing income?  The help pages say that HubPages takes 4 of every 10 impressions, leaving the author with the other 6.  By that count, out of the 65 hit's my hub has gotten, around 40 of them should be contributing to my adsense account.  Is it just that each impression is only worth .01 cents or something, or is it that visitors have to do something more than just visit the page to generate a payable impression? 

What exactly constitutes an impression, and what's the difference between AdSense Unit Impressions and AdSense Page Impressions (in Google Analytics)?

4. profile image52
    deo duranteposted 14 years ago

naysanorth hi!

Perhaps the first thing to do is to consider your readers. You know ,if we want to  caught the attention of  the readers we need to know first their interest. If we are talking about history the first thing we should consider how many of   the youth today are interested about history? And what is the approach  to  be used  in order to encourage them reading my topics  for them to post comments? Deo Durante

5. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Just having people view your Hubs doesn't earn you money.  Impression earnings (where an ad earns just by being shown) is terribly low.  Clicks (when someone actually clicks through an ad and goes to another page) is what tends to generate revenue.

And if you aren't writing Hubs that are well-geared to sell, you tend not to earn very much.  (your hubs tell stories.  there's no reason to go shopping if you're just listening to a story) Take all that, and multiply it by your number of Hubs.  Few = not many opportunities.  Lots = Many chances to earn.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings

6. dabeaner profile image60
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

Some readers are just looking for diversion. No clicks.
    Some readers are looking to information or products they actually might be willing to pay for.  Clicks.
    To which group do your pages cater?

7. vancouver profile image41
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

You need to have targeted traffic in order to make money off adsense and affiliate links, its proven that social traffic people rarely click.

regards,

JR

8. omaruaye profile image60
    omaruayeposted 13 years ago

i am very honoured to answer this question, i hope i give you the right answer that you seek.
    you might want to check if you are bridging the agreement you have with hubpages or your affiliate associates, you might be ingnoring something and probably the visitors to your site have not clicked on adds in your sites.
    another thing, i hope you are not clicking on adds on your hubpages yourself? because they can track if you click.
    i would like you to settle down go through the agreement and check if you violating any law.
    thank you.

9. content profile image59
    contentposted 13 years ago

With the Hubs, and websites as well, there is usually a watershed amount of traffic that is required before you begin seeing substantial revenue.  And as well, social networking traffic isn't as likely to convert.  You will do better getting your traffic from link exchanges, and other forms of traffic generating techniques..

10. doodlebugs profile image89
    doodlebugsposted 13 years ago

Hang in there and try to create more Hubs. I'm almost at 200. It takes that many to earn Adsense income or sell Amazon products, plus the Hubs need to be targeted toward subjects that sell products or have high value clicks.

11. onlinecashdigest profile image58
    onlinecashdigestposted 13 years ago

Strive for organic search traffic from search engines because they are likely to result in more clicks...why? because people coming from search engines are actively looking for information on the keywords they typed on search engines. 

They click on ads to get more info.  Use Adwords to research high traffic keywords and also what keywords are high traffic and at the same time high average cost per click.

Backlinks and readers from hubpages and social networks are less likely to click ads.

Remember:  Do not click on the ads on your own hubs, you would get banned if you do.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)