How did my hub appear on the first page on Google search one day after publishin

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Kiki Hu profile image62
    Kiki Huposted 14 years ago

How did my hub appear on the first page on Google search one day after publishing?

I've published only 4 hubs so far and to my surprise, one hub appears on the first page of Google search the next day.  I'm really curious.  How did it happen?  The other hubs don't appear though.  I tried by typing in "fears of an immigrant" , my hub title and it's in the 6th position on first page. I've read all the hubs on newbie tips and tricks but can't remember all the facts yet.  So I wrote what I had on my mind. Could anyone analyze the hub and tell me why?  I hope that all the hubs appear on the first page, too. (greedy!) tongue

2. Hilly Chism profile image61
    Hilly Chismposted 14 years ago

It's because it's not a common phrase, not many people have the words used in that order on their websites and no-one has it in their url like you do. Unfortunately not many people will be searching for that phrase either, if people find your hub it will almost certain that it will be for other phases that you use in your hub.

3. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Hilly is right ... On an exact phrase search I found 26 pages in competition for this phrase, all for an ad cost of a nickel (*sigh*), and the strength of the competition for this phrase is zero, so you might see this one climb to the top of the Google ranking within a month or two.

Unfortunately, it received less than 30 searches last month. sad

I wrote an excellent hub on keyword research that will help those interested discover better keywords. You'll find it here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Yoshis-Hubbing- … g-keywords

While you can no longer change the URL, which would garner much more hits, you could change the title to something like ... 'My immigration to America', which would help, as the phrase 'Immigration to America' gets about 880 hits a month, pays a percentage of 1.04 per ad clicked, and has a relatively low strength of competition and 77,000 pages in competition.

Now, 77,000 seems like a lot, but through some good backlinking you could bump yourself slowly up the ladder over several months. smile

I'm going to write another hub on the importance of the keyword that should help, so be on the lookout for it.. smile

4. bwlprogram profile image55
    bwlprogramposted 14 years ago

Choosing a great keyword is very important when creating your hubs. I've checked your keyword on Google Adwords: Keyword Tool and I've found out that not much data can be retrieve from your keyword. In other words, not many people are searching for that particular keyword and not many marketers are targeting that keyword as well.

So, it will be easy for you to get into the first page of Google since HubPages itself has a very high Page Rank in the Google eyes. Plus, if you give a quality content based on that keyword, it will not be a surprise if you can get the TOP spot for "fears of an immigrant".

5. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

The most common reason that a brand-new Hub would appear on the first page of Google search results is because you are searching for it using a phrase that is highly-specific to that Hub.  Another way of phrasing that is you are not using very average, common search terms to find it.

As you just said, you searched for it using the Hub's title, which is a string of words not used on lots of other web pages.

6. PR_am profile image60
    PR_amposted 13 years ago

Different many factors determine a webpage's Search Engine position. In your case, I think you ranked for your hub's title for the following reasons:

1. "fears of an immigrant" is not a competitive keyword phrase

2. You searched using your exact title phrases

3. Since not a lot of people are writing on the topic (not competitive) and you searched your exact title, Google sees your hub as the most relevant to that search hence the first page ranking.

Try doing a keyword research on your topic and search other phrases you think people may be using to search for the information in your hub.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)