jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Do You Feel When You Receive Negative Vote For Your Answer To A Question?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

How Do You Feel When You Receive Negative Vote For Your Answer To A Question?

You have spent your time answering a question and all they give you is a down vote. Do you feel you will answer a question again?

2. NewHorizons profile image80
    NewHorizonsposted 8 years ago

First thing I feel is disappointment, and I think to myself, Oh my, how can such a straight and sincere answer be downvoted.  But within seconds I come to my senses again and admit that every one has a right to his opinion, so that's how it is.  Sometimes you get negative feedback when you least expect it.  Yes but I'll keep anwering questions, when I feel like it.

3. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 8 years ago

NewHorizons has the right attitude.  When I get a negative vote, I feel hurt at first.  My immediate response is that my opinion may not be your opinion; but, I have a right to it.

Then I start putting myself in the voter's shoes.  If they don't like my response, they are entitled to their opinion also.  If their opinion goes so far as to get me a negative vote - then so be it.

I must admit that a negative vote makes me work harder on the next hub or answer; so, in reality it's probably a positive vote after all.

4. 2uesday profile image80
    2uesdayposted 8 years ago

Yes, but oddly I often delete before I post the answer, a confidence crisis.
    It is easy to take a vote as being about you but it is about the comment you have left as an answer. Everyone has different view points on things, so I think over time it balances itself out.

If I got a - 5 it would make me stop and think but a -1 on something is probably someone with a different point of view.

Oddly I just looked at  mine (past answers)  and it made me laugh.  One negative response might have been the way I worded my answer (about using carrier bags) - it -my answer may have sounded arrogant and I am not. The other was my response to what would I do if I was stranded on a desert island- I think the fact that I wanted to use a mobile phone to be rescued by my family went against me. Hope this made you smile but of course I risk a - vote if not.

5. Agantum profile image61
    Agantumposted 5 years ago

I answer a question for a number of reasons.  I like to think I am contributing to moving the discourse along and this does not always mean that I will write to please everybody.  Some of my answers might strike the wrong chord with some people, but we can not make everybody happy all the time.  If I come out with more positive than negative votes I am happy.  I sometimes think that an answer that can generate as many negative as positive votes, might just be the best one.

working