Why do viewing stats show on a hub that hasn't been published yet? Does it have

1. abcd1111 profile image58
    abcd1111posted 8 years ago

Why do viewing stats show on a hub that hasn't been published yet? Does it have to do with my edits?

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 8 years ago

Yes, your own hits on your pages count in the stats. Even while you are editing it. I have always noticed that when I publish a new hub, it already has a lot of hits. Then the the next few days become more realistic as long as you don't keep looking at it yourself. This was confirmed in the Forum.  Between you and me, I wish they would make it so that our own hits are not counted. Then we can really know for sure how many other people are reading it.  But you'll know soon enough, since the Hub Score always starts at 50. Then it goes up if people click "up" indicating they liked your hub. The score is also related to many other things. How well you wrote it, how well you stick with the rules, how many people read it and how long they stay on the hub, etc.

3. abcd1111 profile image58
    abcd1111posted 8 years ago

Thanks so much Glenn! I don't quite get how the stats work, it's too convoluted for me, but it does seem odd they would count our own hits.

working