jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why does it show that my hub has been read even when it hasn't been published ye

1. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Why does it show that my hub has been read even when it hasn't been published yet?

I was working on a hub when I had to stop midway through. When I go back to edit the hub, it states that it already has 4 views. I thought I was the only one who saw it until it was published.

2. kennynext profile image73
    kennynextposted 7 years ago

I believe your own views are counted as a viewing, even when not published.

3. FifthEdition profile image60
    FifthEditionposted 7 years ago

I'm not positive, but I think many of the views that are counted are the author's. That's the only thing that would make sense.

4. hassann profile image72
    hassannposted 7 years ago

Your own views are counted, too. Those have to be your own views.

5. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 7 years ago

I agree that our own visits to a hub are counted as views!
    I have a feeling that when Hubpages check out our Hubs, yes they must visit our unpublished Hubs to rate them, their views are also counted in the view counter?

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

It's your own visits, all of your visits to your own hubs are counted.  You would have to use Google Analytics to show you how many hub views were NOT your own.

7. nybride710 profile image60
    nybride710posted 7 years ago

Everyone has already answered this, but  I must say I find it frustrating.  While working on a hub to publish, I went in and out of it 11 times and those were counted.  I wish there was a way our own visits weren't counted since it doesn't really give an accurate picture of readership.