Your First Car Was A?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (24 posts)
  1. getpaidtopost profile image40
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

My first car was a zastava yugo 45 1.0 liter,

Insurance was to expensive and this was all i could afford at 17.

What was your first car?

2. curiozities profile image60
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

An Olds 442 with a 400 cubic inch engine, a 4-barrel carb and dual exhaust.  That thing FLEW!  But the body was held together by rust and bondo.

getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds nice! My car was fastest when it was being pushed down hill by friends.

3. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

A '77 Caprice Classic...similarly held together by rust and bondo tongue

1. curiozities profile image60
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nothing like good-old Bondo!

1. wychic profile image84
        wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, and you got to love the old cars...mine went through a pretty spectacular wreck (one-car) on a washboarding road and came out of it with a broken window and a shallow dent on the front bumper. These injuries were sustained from the combined forces of a fence with wooden posts, a railroad tie being used as a signpost, and two lilac bushes.

*NOTE: I'm a much more careful driver now wink*

4. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

An english Mayflower four cylinder 4 door sedan.

5. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

i still haven't bought a car for myself. i guess i'm the spoilt one who daddy got everything

6. sunstreeks profile image80
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

Rusted 76' GMC sierra Truck. Complete with custom built steel pipe rack.

Not exactly the envy of friends but great for hauling everything on camping trips.

7. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

A well used, but beautiful baby blue 1969 Ford Galaxie.  390 V-8, 2 cylinder.

8. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

4-door, Army green 1968 Chevrolet Impala, 327 with 4 barrel carb

Looked awful, smelled musky inside from sitting up for years before I got it, but you can bet all my friends wanted a ride in it since none of them had cars.

9. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

'68 white, 2 door Chevy Impala. Big engine. Didn't like the white walls that came with the purchase though... smile

10. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

A 1979 Dodge Omni... I wish I still had it lol

11. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

My mother's Chrysler New Yorker was my first car. The first car I bought for myself was last year and is the car I have now, an Apple Green Hyundai Accent Hatchback. I wrote a hub about the experience lol called a "Chick's Guide to Buying a New Car."

12. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 14 years ago

My first car was a 1946 ford coupe,which I wish I still had

getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gees 1946 I thought my ten year old car was old. saying that they built to last in them days.

13. lafenty profile image67
    lafentyposted 14 years ago

1968 Ford Galaxy which I paid $400.00 for.

14. debris profile image77
    debrisposted 14 years ago

1988 Honda Accord bought for $800.00

15. Laughing Mom profile image62
    Laughing Momposted 14 years ago

A 1976 Mercury Montego MX.  It was almost as old as I was and in a beautiful shade of granny gold.  It was affectionately known as "The Boat".  It could hold the entire baseball team, but a few had to sit on the hood.

16. Enelle Lamb profile image73
    Enelle Lambposted 14 years ago

a 1980 Dodge Diplomat - 2 yrs old when I bought it, classy car for a first big_smile came complete with (get this) an 8 track tape player ROFLMAO!! Now that's stylin'

17. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

Citroen Saxo - old when i brought it but ran like a dream smile

18. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

1967 Pontiac Tempest. smile

19. Zsuzsy Bee profile image83
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

A '62 Ford Epic, the biggest navy blue lemon on this side of the moon. I bought it for $1000.00 (well my dad paid half)in 1970 two weeks before my 16th birthday.
    I passed my drivers test in that car at 16. At that time it seemed I spent just about as much time under the hood trying to fix it as behind the wheel. What a fun memory.

20. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

1979 Chevy Nova.....oh how i miss it...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)