jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can anyone overtake Google.It is a shame that they are going at top speed la

1. skgrao profile image72
    skgraoposted 8 years ago

How can anyone overtake Google.It is a shame that they are going at top speed laughing all the...

way at the helpless intellectuals left out by the others such as Yahoo,Okart,Face Book,twitter and Hub in the race.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

People never thought Yahoo would be overtaken back when it started.  And they said that about IBM back in the day, and American automakers, and the British or Roman Empires, and lots of other things....

Given time, history shows that eventually something will replace or supplant Google.

3. ratnaveera profile image71
    ratnaveeraposted 8 years ago

Google is No.1 company in the Internet. They have well developed with numerous number of programs which attract people from all over the world. I think it would very difficult to anyone to overtake Google.

4. Springboard profile image81
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

Throughout our history there have always been companies at the top of their game, and as well there has always been a company that seemly comes out of nowhere to remove it from its place. I cite Wal-Mart which overtook Kmart for example as the most recent one. And sometimes companies get too big such as was the historic case with Standard Oil Company which was eventually divided into 34 separate companies.

Google started out from nothing. It overtook Yahoo. In some ways it may be overtaking Microsoft. It's innovative and powerful and its at a peak in its history.

But someone will come along eventually to unseat Google, and I suspect the same could one day hold true for Wal-Mart as well. Google and Wal-Mart both know this and that's why they continue to innovate the way they do business. To maintain their place and make it harder for competitors to fill in the blanks.

Closed to reply