Anyone have an article on page one of google in search?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (36 posts)
  1. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 11 years ago

I was extremly surprised when I did a google search and my article came up number five on the first page of google search smile that made me happy smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I suppose many of us have articles on the first page for certain subjects.  Whether anyone is searching for them is another story.  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

starme77posted 11 years agoin reply to this

yeah I understand that - but this is my hub about storage unit auctions and since the show began on tv - ya know storage wars - well this hub of mine has taken off! I can do several different searches in several differnt ways and still come up on the first page so I am excited as hell wink haha

2. cloverleaffarm profile image69
      cloverleaffarmposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have never searched.

2. timorous profile image79
    timorousposted 11 years ago

A few of mine are on the first page of google, usually around the middle. If you copy and paste the full title of your hub article, and it's a moderately long one, you'll probably be in the top spot, although statistically, very few people would be searching for that exact, long-tail phrase (except you..haha).

You can also use this page rank checker site to check the page rank of any of your articles. Anything above 2 or 3 is pretty good for a single article.

My article about how to live a simple life currently has a page rank of 3, and is at #1 at Google, if I put in the full title. Not an obscure topic, by any means..

thanks! it out

2. starme77 profile image77

thats cool !

3. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Last time I checked all of mine are on first page for the full title, and most in the top couple of spots.  I do tend to use longer titles, though.

Some time ago Paul mentioned that the full title really should result in the top few positions on page #1, and I updated the few that weren't.

4. rmcrayne profile image89
      rmcrayneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A very important distinction, yet hubbers still do this. 

http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/celebr … -victories

5. cloverleaffarm profile image69
      cloverleaffarmposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I shall have to try this tracker. Sounds interesting.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

As of today I have about 5 hubs on the first page as number 1. From the total of all my hubs about 38 are on the first page but not number 1

thats freakin awesome smile

4. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 11 years ago

pr was 5 so thats good

5. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 11 years ago

Woot! I'm number 1 for "Melbel on HubPages is totally awesome"
    I'm so happy!

thats awesome smile

2. SmartAndFun profile image94
      SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL. Thanks for cheering me up this morning! smile

6. TheMagician profile image87
    TheMagicianposted 11 years ago

I've got a good number of articles on page one of Google, about 10 to 15 of them actually (and at the moment I've got 62 articles published here on HP). Possibly a few more, even.

2 or 3 of them are also in the first spot on the first page, the others being usually third or fourth.

I've found it's quite easy to rank high on Google's search results. I love it smile

1. j-u-i-c-e profile image94
      j-u-i-c-eposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You stole my name. tongue

TheMagician is the id I've been using on my regular forum for years and I'd planned on using it here. I had to reinvent myself for HubPages. I always find it confusing reading your posts because I don't remember writing them. roll

1. TheMagician profile image87
        TheMagicianposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh I'm sorry! I didn't know anyone else also used this name in other places... but that's pretty funny about you thinking you'd written my posts tongue

7. j-u-i-c-e profile image94
    j-u-i-c-eposted 11 years ago

I have a few articles here and from my website on page 1. One of my hubs has first position, and a page on my website ranked 7th for the same term. The problem isn't getting good rankings, it's getting good rankings for terms that are frequently searched.

Still, it's gratifying to see yourself rank well, so congrats. It might not be much, but it's something.

8. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 11 years ago

Most people who find themselves on the first page of Google or in the top spot are doing such a specific search, that's to be expected.

The real trick is to do a very vague and non-specific search that turns up a Hub in a top spot, as that's more like how some random person will find you.

1. wilderness profile image94

+1
      That's absolutely true, relache.  It's those vague searches resulting in first position that really count as no one actually searches for a title.

2. profile image0
      writeronlineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The voice of reason, thankyou relache. Few of my hubs turn up on page one as a result of such a search. Disappointing, but reality. To be thrilled at your own full title article / url appearing as a result of specifically searching for it is missing the point, for mine.

If your objective is AdSense revenue, and people in their thousands aren't searching every day, or week at least, for a particular piece of information, and finding your article as a result, you're failing. (I know you know this, relache, I'm really just reinforcing your initial advice...)

9. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 11 years ago

Only my Luciferianism article is on the first page of google. Not surprised that's the only one since most people are not searching for the kind of subject matter I write. I could probably write a hub called An Example of Agnostic Human Sacrifice and that would be on the first page of google as well.

10. Mmargie1966 profile image83
    Mmargie1966posted 11 years ago

Many of my hubs show up on the first page.

11. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

As Relache pointed out, if you search for your title it will almost alwyas show the hub on page one.  Even if you use a generic term to search for your hub, you will often find it ranked high if your are using your own computer.  So don't get too carried away.  tongue 

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. TheMagician profile image87
      TheMagicianposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's what I do to make sure I'm not fooling myself, I use a computer at my local civic center and make sure to use broad terms or questions for the searches. Works for me. Perhaps I'm just lucky smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Page 1 is relative to the search query.  Hopefully it's a popular one!  Targeted traffic is what we all want.. I think. I know that's what I want.

12. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

I'm on page 1 (as close as spot two) for a bunch of queries that get about 300-500 searches a month, according to Google's keyword tool.

This is a rather sloooooooow way to build up traffic and income, but it does work, bit by bit.

Remember, when checking to see where your article ranks, click the globe button on Google's search results page to turn off personalized results. By default, Google ranks up the pages and site you visit.

1. wilderness profile image94

Someone else that goes for low traffic keywords!  Most of mine are less than 1000 per month according to the keyword tool.

You never know, though.  I have one hub that google said should see around 270 per month - it perks along at nearly 3,000!  Yes, I built several long tail keywords into it and it is on first page for 3 of them, but I never hoped to see traffic anything like that.

13. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 11 years ago

Yes, I find I can usually count on many of mine on the first page. It doesn't mean good earnings though!

14. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 11 years ago

There is your hint right there- Google search vague keywords to determine how to title your article, then look at the results and see what the top articles use as keywords, this is your "competition" then use those keywords in your title with the sites as links in your hub, this will make Google happy to splatter your content in an array of searches.
    We are lazy searchers, we type in the gist of an idea and rely on Google to give us what we want, more times than not, we have to get specific in our search to weed out the "spam" or scrapers.
    I can take a keyword i used in the article or hub and find it on page one every time.  90% of my content is one page one; this is just typing in a gist of the title not the whole title.

15. rmcrayne profile image89
    rmcrayneposted 11 years ago

I only have a few hubs on page one of Google.  Seems to me that half of the hubbers posting on this thread would be having massive traffic, and among our HP top earners, if they really had the Google love that they seem to think they do.  Some are definitely not top earners by their own report. 

Type the same keywords into Google search and AdWords keyword tool.  Is anyone looking for your page one keyword or phrase?  Again, beware of “celebrating useless keyword victories”.

1. profile image0
      jenuboukaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is one article on HP that gets a lot of traffic; one that I was emailed by Google for its raised search on the topic, now if I could do that another 50 times; yes that house down by the river would be sweeter!!
      Mine are recipes mainly and these do get traffic, granted it has been a slow and rigorous process. 
      What are your thoughts on the Google Insights tool?  Do you use this for ideas for keywords?

1. melbel profile image95
        melbelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You could always live in a van down by the river!

1. profile image0
          jenuboukaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah!! Melbel got it!!
          I am that fat guy in a little coat who sometimes gets the idea of it!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)