jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the proper etiquette for responding to comments, besides approving or de

1. sweetypie1968 profile image80
    sweetypie1968posted 8 years ago

What is the proper etiquette for responding to comments, besides approving or denying the comment?

Is it OK to write a response to each approved comment?  .

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image84
    Jeffrey Nealposted 8 years ago

I try to do this on all my hubs.  The only exception has been on one hub where the comments became repetitive. It's not that I don't appreciate them, but at some point the test of comments is more than the text of the hub and possibly devalues the work I put in for on-page SEO optimization to a certain extent.  I will still respond to comments on that hub that ask a question, or otherwise need some sort of response from me.

I think it is good manners to respond to comments, though, particularly if they ask a question or make a good observation about your content.  Some...many authors here do not respond to their comments at all, I've noticed. To each their own...
    It is not bad manners to be unresponsive, though.

3. NateSean profile image73
    NateSeanposted 8 years ago

I recently commented on a new hubber's articles. They were poorly formatted with a lot of grammar issues that made it difficult to read. There was also use of "netspeak" (IE, "lol".)

And I didn't agree with the writer's reasoning because he was presenting circumstantial evidence as fact, which I tried to explain to him wasn't going to support his theories.

Unfortunately the gentleman took this offensively and responded to me in his own comments page, calling me a grammar nazi and making several very childish remarks.in the process.

I for one would not encourage this kind of behavior if you are going to respond to someone's comments.

4. sweetypie1968 profile image80
    sweetypie1968posted 8 years ago

Nate, Thank you for your viewpoint.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

My whole goal is to refrain from offending anyone, which is why I asked the question. You make a good point, but don't you feel maybe you might have offended him a bit?

5. blbhhdcn profile image59
    blbhhdcnposted 7 years ago

Be honest.

If the comment is positive, approve it.

If it's not, deny it.

But even if it's negative, some people will learn from it, it's up to you.

working