jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What's the proper etiquette for posting hub links on blogs

1. J Sunhawk profile image66
    J Sunhawkposted 7 years ago

I'm studying backlink techniques.

Some advice says to go to blogs related to your hub page theme and leave comments.

Let's say I write a hub page on chic and expensive puppy collars.

I go to a puppy blog to leave a comment.

Would a comment like this be proper:

"Did you know that some puppy collars can cost $1,000 or more? You can read about expensive puppy collars at " expensive puppy collars" on my hub page at this link_______________."

This, of course, is meant to get a backlink to the hub page.

Would something like this be considered spamming or bad etiquette?

Thanks

1. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No need to mention to read your hubs. It looks spam. Just post the relevant  comment on the blog post with your hub url on the website field.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 7 years agoin reply to this

this sounds good, otherwise, it looks like you may not have read the article and are only there to leave a link.

2. J Sunhawk profile image66
        J Sunhawkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Post a relative comment.

Got it.

Thanks

3. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I 100% agree.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's both.

3. pennyauctionviewe profile image80
      pennyauctionvieweposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Be clearly on topic when you reply. It is good to comment on something written within the blog you are replying to so as to give your comments meaning. Remember, if you do the blogger a favor by reading their article, they will do you a favor by allowing your link.

2. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

Probably.

If the page or a previous comment had said something about spending $500.00, then that might be an appropriate comment. If it's just out of the blue, no it is not.

This stuff is really very simple if you think about helping other people rather than yourself.  When I leave a link anywhere, it is because I think it could help someone or - more rarely - because I need help and my post explains the details better than leaving a 1500 word comment.

The overwhelming majority of links I drop are of the "helpful" variety. Those opportunities don't come up all that often, but those links "stick", are appreciated and will be used by more than the search engines. They also get passed on and you will get gratis links placed by other people.

THAT is the proper way to drop links.  Concentrate on helping people and stop thinking about Google.

1. J Sunhawk profile image66
      J Sunhawkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"The overwhelming majority of links I drop are of the "helpful" variety...THAT is the proper way to drop links.  Concentrate on helping people and stop thinking about Google."

Thanks for steering me in the right direction, Pcunix.

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I agree with Relache.

4. girly_girl09 profile image71
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I never approve HP comments or comments on my own website that have a URL in the comments section or name. I hate spammers. I can assure you that if you use this method, many of your comments will be deleted, resulting in a huge, non-productive use of your time.

5. Scot Manaher profile image60
    Scot Manaherposted 7 years ago

Keeping it relevant is important part of backlinks. Leaving comments in the form of links serve no purpose when they irrelevant to the topic search engine wise. 

"Did you know that some puppy collars can cost $1,000 or more? You can read about expensive puppy collars at " expensive puppy collars" on my hub page at this link_______________."

Yes it is definitely spammy and their is no actual need to create a link when commenting in hubpages. Your profile link is embedded in your name. If people like what you have to say they just click on your name.

6. kazemaru2 profile image58
    kazemaru2posted 7 years ago

The Best etiquette is to write a review that is very keyword dense and  hyperlink text .

working