jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How am I doing in terms of traffic?

1. amitkumarghosh profile image60
    amitkumarghoshposted 8 years ago

How am I doing in terms of traffic?

I know everybody talks about more traffic. I joined the hub pages two moths ago. I have written 12 blogs and I had 350 odd page views so far. I am not sure whether it is good , bad or ugly. In absence of any criteria to judge I am little unsure whether I am travelling fast slow or okay. Any honest opinion would be welcome.

2. Demmonix profile image60
    Demmonixposted 8 years ago

0-10views/day : Poor
    10-50views/day : Medium
    50-125views/day : Good
    200views/day : Great!

3. chasemillis profile image66
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

And with 1000 views a day, you'll be making anywhere from 25 cents to $1.50 a day off that one site. Now that's pretty good if you ask me

4. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 6 years ago

First bit of advice: I wouldn't consider this a blog. I would think of this as an article. If you're expertise is in psychology and child rearing, that write this article as if you are trying to submit to the New England Journal of Medicine. This will not only help your traffic flow, but it will make sure that you get more repeat readers who will come to look at you for your insight.

Secondly: Statements like this, that I found in your hub, "If you like this hub and would like to read the other, follow me." Is the sign of a desperate amature. If your writing is good and the hub is interesting, people will look at your other stuff. But if after seventeen months you have to tell people to come back to your hub, only if they like it, then you need to rethink your confidence.

Third and Final: You promise me Ten Psychological Traits, in the hub title, so that's why I click on it. But then you resort to that bad move I told you about where you sort of give me, your reader, an ultimatum. Vote me up and theeeen I'll tell you those ten traits.

If you're concerned with your traffic, and I know you are because you've asked about it in the questions section, then this is going to be a huge reason why.

So I would honestly rewrite this thing all together. Actually present the ten traits to us and leave it at that. Then sit back and let your readers ask their questions in the comments section if they have any.

But you can't dangle a carrot in front of someone and expect them to follow you. You're competing against how many people online? If you don't give me a reason to follow you I'm going to follow someone else. It's that simple. And that's what you have to work on.

5. celebritie profile image84
    celebritieposted 6 years ago

I was told that social media is going to be the best way to get traffic online to your hubs.

working