jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

How do i get Amazon ad/ banners on my hub?

1. bill1001 profile image60
    bill1001posted 8 years ago

I have registered with Amazon assosiciates and have been assigned an ID whihc i have added to my HubPages profile. However i still see no Amazon on my hubs. Can someone please help. My hubs include the following:
    <snipped hub links>

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Hi Bill, welcome to HubPages. I recommend you use the *text* code NOT the html hmm is best if you pick the stuff yourself or you may have stuff not related to your Hub tongue smile hope that helps.

1. bill1001 profile image60
      bill1001posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Whats the step by step process i need to follow. All i have at the moment is the Amazon code. What would be the next step..and how do i create the txts or use capsules with amazon ads.

2. bill1001 profile image60
      bill1001posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Whats the step by step process i need to follow. All i have at the moment is the Amazon code. What would be the next step..and how do i create the txts or use capsules with amazon ads.

3. dipless profile image81
    diplessposted 8 years ago

Hi just use the capsules, you cannot use the HTML code for the banner ads that affiliates supply, just use the amazon capsule and chose appropriate products for the content of your hub smile

4. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Click on your *my account* tab at the top...go to *affiliate* ..paste your amazon code..save. smile thennn..sign into amazon and find your products ...makes sure you use *text* code ...highlight the code, copy then paste into your Hub ...a lsbn code is auto-generated...is  that what you mean? hmm I would also recommend opening a 2nd window rather than open and close , lol lol

5. bill1001 profile image60
    bill1001posted 8 years ago

Thanks i got it.

6. yoshi97 profile image71
    yoshi97posted 8 years ago

In case someone stops by with the same question, I just added a hub to my profile that better explains the Amazon capsule as well as how to increase your odds of profiting with it. You'll find it here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Yoshis-Hubbing- … -your-hubs

I hope it helps someone out there. smile

1. girly_girl09 profile image79
      girly_girl09posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Just read your hub on Amazon capsules - very useful info for new hubbers. smile I would've left a comment but didn't see the box.

There is a short cut instead of searching and writing down the product ID number. Assuming that you're logged into the Amazon affiliate program, copy and paste the entire URL into each line on the amazon capsule in your hub. HubPages will automatically reduce the link to just the number needed.

1. yoshi97 profile image71
        yoshi97posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I added the comment box.

Doh! I was so happy to finish that hub (it took me several hours to compile all the info and snip all the pics) that I forgot the two most important things ... the poll at the end asking if it was useful, and the comments box.

I'm deducting two points from myself for that one - haha!

1. girly_girl09 profile image79
          girly_girl09posted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol no problem...I do that sometimes too (the comment box can get in the way during arranging the capsules).

Anyways, copying & pasting the link instead of looking for the Amazon ID number is a shortcut that saves me tons of time. smile

working