jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How does the percentage of pay per click work for Google Adsense ads and Hubpage

1. She-rah profile image78
    She-rahposted 8 years ago

How does the percentage of pay per click work for Google Adsense ads and Hubpages?

Some say that hubpages gets100% payment for 40% of ads clicked and I get 100% payment of the other 60% of ads clicked. Others say that you get paid for every ad click on your hub but the payment is split with hubpages. Do you get paid for every ad click and split the payment with hubpages or do you only get paid for 60% of the ad clicks?

2. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

Hi She-rah - There's no splitting of payment. The way it works is that you share ad page impressions. 40% of the time hubpages adsense ID will show on your hubs, 60% of the time your adsense ID. Any clicks in your 60% of the time go 100% to you and any clicks in hubpages 40% of the time will go to them.

I know it's complicated, but I hope that makes sense!

3. She-rah profile image78
    She-rahposted 8 years ago

Thanks Susana! I figured that's how it went because I've had ad clicks and no money showing on google analytics. Was a bit disappointed. Any advice on linking? I can't even figure out how to do a simple anchor text link and I'm so frustrated. I know the html code but don't know how to use it when writing a hub. I've been pulling my hair out for days trying to figure out anchor text, back links, and sig links.

4. lzlpio90 profile image84
    lzlpio90posted 6 years ago

Hi She-rah, regarding with your last question on how to put links to your text, as you can see in your text capsule, you will notice a chain icon, that's the link icon... try selecting a word or phrases in your text and click the chain icon... a window will appear where you can insert the URL.

working