jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Bookmarking

1. prasadjain profile image73
    prasadjainposted 10 years ago

Bookmarking
    ----------------------
      I am ashamed to say that I still do not know the bookmarking technics. In one of her hubs Sunseven has stressed on it. But I do not know how to open bookmarking option. Will anybody guide me.?

2. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 10 years ago

Prasadjain, if you look at the top of your screen, there should be a list of horizontal menu options. If youre in Firefox, it will say File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks..

Click on bookmarks, and it will show a drop-down menu, the first option is usually "bookmark this page".

Select that, and it will save the page you are viewing - you can rename it as something you will remember.

Later when you want to see it again, you go back to bookmarks, let the menu drop-down, and you should see the name of the page you viewed earlier.

Select it and it will take you straight to that page.

HTH.

3. prasadjain profile image73

Yes ,I noticed it. But  how does this help us to connect our hub with others and help to increase traffic to our hubs? Sunseven says it will help that way! Havw you tried for that, Isabella?

4. Isabella Snow profile image89

I'm not sure which of her hubs you're referring to (maybe she can tell us!) but I can only assume she was talking about making your hub so good that people want to bookmark it and return to it again and again...

I could be wrong, though, she'll have to correct me if I am.

But I don't think there is a way to promote hubs, or send them to others, via bookmarking. I could be wrong, I guess.. but I've never heard of that. If its possible to promote with bookmarking, someone else will have to tell us how its done, cos Im clueless. wink

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 10 years ago

Hey guys, I think we are talking "social bookmarking" here...

There is a bunch of sites on the net where one can submit his/her links. Originally intended to be a place to save your bookmarks independent of your computer, they became sharing and promoting media in the last years

del.icio.us is probably the most widely known one, there are literally dozens of others. I think there is more than one hub on the topic, too

One thing to look out for when you do social bookmarking - If you bookmark only your hubs, you get banned pretty soon - cause it's rightly considered spamming. If many people from Hubpages would do this, those services might actually ban all hubpages links sad

6. Isabella Snow profile image89

Ah, right. Bit different than "bookmarking" something, sorry!

7. prasadjain profile image73

Yes, as Misha said, they are social bookmarking sites.Anyone can go to the list of articles by Sunseven and traceout that article.

working