jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Time Stamp

1. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 10 years ago

I've noticed that lately the time stamp seems to be wrong most of the time. I made a comment a min or so after someone else, and now, 30 min later, it says they left one an hour ago and I left one 25 min ago.

And its not just that - I have comment notifications in my email from people who left comments 3 days ago, but looking at the hub it says 3 weeks ago. I was noticing this off and on for a few days and thought it was my imagination, but now I'm sure cos I have the email to compare....

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what is going on with the emails, but the times that are displayed are rounded to the nearest larger unit.  So, 31 minutes rounds up to an hour.  Usually a greater level of detail than that isn't particularly useful ...

2. Jackilyn profile image53
    Jackilynposted 10 years ago

I've noticed that to!
    hmm I thought it was just my computer.

3. stubbs profile image64
    stubbsposted 10 years ago

yeah my email notifications have been very strange i had a comment 4 days ago and had the email for it earlier today. I guess its not a big deal for me as i check the site daily but it is odd.

4. Isabella Snow profile image89

But do the time stamps match??

Im getting my emails on time, but if I go back and look at the comment, the date/timestamp on the comment itself is off by several weeks or whatnot.

5. Isabella Snow profile image89

Ok, that ones not such a big difference, but 3 days - 3 weeks is..??

Im not saying the emails are wrong, mine are correct. But I just looked at a hub where I know a comment was made 3 days ago (and have the email to prove it), and the hub itself says the comment was left 3 weeks ago...but it wasnt, cos the hub isnt even that old...

6. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

Well, you'll have to point me to a specific example so I can investigate the cause.  I haven't seen that before.

7. Isabella Snow profile image89

Ok.. its 0200 here and Im going to bed, so I'll show you when get up. Course, you'll be sleeping. But, you know. wink

working