jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How does ones hub start out at much more than the score of 50 ? What influences

1. I.B. profile image71
    I.B.posted 7 years ago

How does ones hub start out at much more than the score of 50 ? What influences this?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I've managed to get a few Hubs up into the lower 80s before they have been published.  What influences this is the same things as which effects a published Hub.

A high-quality topic, good written content, diversity of content (images, video, links, etc), good tags.  The ranking algorithm looks at both published and unpublished Hubs.  I always let unpublished Hubs stay that way for a few days after I finished making them specifically to see how they are doing and what can be improved.  I'll then edit them to make them as strong as I can before I hit that publish button.  They might spend a week being spruced up before they are shown to an audience.

3. melpor profile image92
    melporposted 7 years ago

I agree with relache, a hub must be about  high-quality topic, contains good written content with no misspellings and do not contains poor grammar. It must be informative and attracts a lot of readers with videos, links, and good tags. I used the same approach relache uses when writing hubs. I will take up to a week to write a good hub and leave it unpublished while I am writing it. My hub scores will usually start in the low to mid sixties before I publish them and will go up very quickly in a few hours after publishing them. It does take some work, research and patience to reach those high scores.

4. profile image54
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

i struggle w/ hubbing; i'm highly unfamiliar w/ it, so i currently avoid it. someday i may retry, but not now

5. DragonOZ profile image60
    DragonOZposted 7 years ago

I also think the amount of outgoing links within the Hub also effect initial hub scrore.

working