How does the link from the (your) Wiki work for you?

1. travelespresso profile image76
    travelespressoposted 7 years ago

How does the link from the (your) Wiki work for you?

Does it generate interest and drive traffic to hubpages do you think?

2. Urbane Chaos profile image99
    Urbane Chaosposted 7 years ago

To be honest, I'm not sure. 

I used to have an Oklahoma Traveler website that I ran by myself, but it was just too much to handle so I took it down.  I was looking for an easier way to generate interest in Oklahoma when I came across Wikispaces. 

So far, it seems like a good concept - a group of people working together for a common interest - but so far it is just a concept.  Right now, I'm simply developing and populating the Wiki with the information I have from the old website.  Once the Wiki is populated with the information I have, then I plan on marketing it.  I'll know more by then how much of an impact it will have.

The idea is to give brief, general information about the topics in the Wiki and allow the visitor to view the in-depth articles on hubpages. If I give away too much information on the Wiki, then that won't drive any traffic to the hub.  But, if I hyperlink both the title and add a "for more information..." link then that should be enough to prompt the reader to visit the hub.

Besides that, using a Wiki versus a website or blog, I can build a following of wiki users that can interact with the Wiki.  The more people visiting the wiki, the more traffic to the hub.

At least, that's the concept anyway.  If it works the way I think it will, I may be writing a hub about it. big_smile

Closed to reply