jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are your favorite ways to rest your brain?

1. Wrath Warbone profile image71
    Wrath Warboneposted 7 years ago

What are  your favorite ways to rest your  brain?

2. ramkkasturi profile image60
    ramkkasturiposted 7 years ago

Very good question to ask.It is very difficult to rest it.But it can be focused on something so that the strain is less.This is the idea of mantra in meditation.It makes you focus on this mantra so that you forget all other thoughts.It is the thoughts that make it strained.Meditation can help you sleep too.If you have not tried so far try it. It will take sometime before you can do it well.Go to some one who knows about the process well.

3. oishi profile image55
    oishiposted 7 years ago

Sleeping, listening to music etc. Another favourite way is to watch fast movies - be it comedy or thrillers.

4. Research Analyst profile image84
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

how does one stop the mind from thinking, wandering and dreaming? or can one rest from trying to come up with solutions to challenges? I like to take a break and give my mind a rest by painting and drawing, it is so relaxing to create a piece of art.

5. profile image0
    BIKTMIAposted 7 years ago

Quiet time as much as possible. Positive thoughts.

6. eastexplorer profile image60
    eastexplorerposted 7 years ago

Great answers! What works for me best is just to be out there with nature, focus on listening to natures sounds oh and of course breathe deeply! At time I also just watch TV or DVD, it really drags my brainwaves down and I don't need to focus all too much. Like they say, your brain is more active when you are sleeping than when you watch TV. Just got to find out what works best for you!

7. sugz profile image75
    sugzposted 7 years ago

unfortunately for me, my brain NEVER switches off, litterally. even when i wake up in the mornings i'm tired because my mind never shuts up. the joy's of being a Libra!  in my entire life, i have had a litteral 5 minutes of total clear silence.. and for the life of me, i can't remember HOW i did it..

and no, hynosis doens't work because my mind can't stop long enough to relax and learn to meditate..
    painting, writing, drawing, reading, riding my horses on the beach, sitting in total darkness in the middle of the nght, is actually the loudest tiem of all..  listening to music deosnt work, even holosync.. none of it works. i have mandala's for meditation, and cd's and mp3s of hypnosis.. nadah!
    so i'm reading THIS questions page to find out ways i can try to shut my brain up, it's already 3.42am again... it might not need rest.. but, hell i do.

if someone suddenly comes up with the way i managed to shut my mind off for 5mins in 2008.. i will be eternally greatful. but since i can't remember, i can't see anyone else coming up with it.

working