jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you use meditation CD's? What are some of the favorite features you have hea

1. advisor4qb profile image78
    advisor4qbposted 6 years ago

Do you use meditation CD's?  What are some of the favorite features you have heard on those?

I prefer sounds from the ocean and birds, myself.

2. denise.w.anderson profile image93
    denise.w.andersonposted 6 years ago

The ones I have used most are relaxation mantras that are accompanied by music. They have the person focus on various parts of the body while tensing, followed by releasing the tension. They also use guided imagry to focus the thoughts on uplifting scenarios, taking attention away from negative or worrisome thought patterns.

3. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I like to go to youtube or pandora and look for new meditations every time I need one. The one I need always seems to be there just when I need it. smile

4. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 6 years ago

I no longer use CDs for meditation.  Once you become adept at silencing the mind, music and guides are not required, and can in fact be a distraction.  Relaxation which can be a byproduct of meditation, is a modality of it's own and in most cases music is used as a guide to your inner landscape of wonderful spaces and positive thoughts.

The best CD I've found to cover a breadth of knowledge on meditation is "Meditation Portal to Inner Worlds."  It includes music and lectures and uses the Third Eye as the way into self.  The third eye is a structure or a muscle to be flexed and becomes very tangible.   A link to that CD and more information on meditation can be found in my hub on Third Eye Meditation http://jewels.hubpages.com/hub/Third_Eye_Meditation. (Now four years old but still getting regular hits).

Silence is golden when it comes to meditation.

working