jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Wanna learn etiquette from experienced folks

1. JonTutor profile image52
    JonTutorposted 8 years ago

1. Some folks have joined my fan club.... are we supposed to reciprocate?.. If I join more fan clubs or more folks join mine... does it impact the score?

2. Somebody has left a comment... are we supposed to reply?

3. How is the overall score computed?

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have several thoughts on fanning.

1. getpaidtopost profile image59
        getpaidtopostposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You always do wink

2. HealthCare Basics profile image61
        HealthCare Basicsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

smile

2. profile image0
      Janettaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

1. fan if you like the person or their writing. If you resiprocate every fan u get, you'll wind up with a list of favorites you don't even care for. Also, don't expect other to reciprocate your fanniing, most won't unless they're new

2. YES reply to comments you recieve. Not only does it show the commenter you appreciate their view and comment, but also puts your hub in hubtivity which can bring in more HP traffic

3. A variety of factors--hubs published, individ. hub scores, community participation. All sorts of things. There are countless hubs devoted to this, just do a search. There are also forums out the wazoo about it

1. JonTutor profile image52
        JonTutorposted 8 years ago in reply to this

@Janetta Thanks for the advice.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Only join a fan club if you are interested in what they have to say. It's got nothing to do with your hubscore; other than the fact that more people may look at your stuff. However, I wouldn't depend on that.

In the same vein, I don't feel you have to reply to every single comment. But, other feel differently.

About hubscore...great minds cannot figure it out...

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

1. Do as you like. I personally do reciprocate, if this is not a spammer. Yet it does affect hubscore, both ways.
    2. Do as you like. I personally try to reply to every comment, but often fall behind.
    3. Great minds don't bother, cause it's not worth the effort in most cases. As long as you stay within the rules, you are fine smile

4. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 8 years ago

I make every attempt to reply to comments on my Hubs because I believe it is appropriate to let that person know you are managing your Hub.

5. JonTutor profile image52
    JonTutorposted 8 years ago

I also thank Uninvited Writer, Misha, Darkside(will checkout your hub later), Healthcare basics, getpaidto post.

working