Can I use content I have published on HubPages, my own work, on another site?

1. v_kahleranderson profile image61
    v_kahlerandersonposted 7 years ago

Can I use content I have published on HubPages, my own work, on another site?

Why does a hub read "Duplicate" and in red? What am I doing wrong if it is my own work?

2. dcladesigns profile image63
    dcladesignsposted 7 years ago

Your hubs read duplicate because HubPages has a crawler that surfs the net to find web pages that are similar to your hubs. Even if its your own content, they still will read duplicate.

While this is not against HubPages policy, it will reduce the overall score of the duplicate hub.

One way to fix this is to write unique content for a hub that cannot be found on another site you publish to.

You can still publish your works elsewhere, but it will continue to reduce your overall score.

I hope this helps!

3. Jeff Berndt profile image86
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

No, you ought not to do that. It's not unethical, as it's your own work, but it's against HubPages' policy. HubPages wants to be the only place on the web where you can find this particular content, and fair enough.

What you can do, though, is link to your hub from your other site. This will drive traffic to your hubs and help generate impressions and hopefully, clickthroughs.

working