Utilizing hubbers advice for writing hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Okay I have employed just about every piece of advise I managed to get from other successful hubbers so let's see if there is any difference.

I have:

researched key words and embedded them into my hubs.
    researched the products and for most of them have tested them.

I am trying out different niches to see which one is going to be the most profitable before I commit myself to one.
    I have broken up my texts yo get the maximum use out of adsense.

Tried some hubs with lots of pictures specific to content
    offered products from Amazon and Ebay. Have started utilizing backlinks and have utilized facebook, myspace, my own personal websites via twitter in hopes of optimizing as much traffic as I can.

If anyone has any more suggestion or links to other hubs with more tips I would like to read them too. Other than that I shall let ya'll know if there is a significant difference in adsence, sales and or traffic.

Thanks ya'll for the tips.  I hope it works.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

You must be exhausted! Have you started to see an increase in sales and income. When did you start doing all of this? I hope all those hubs didn't get edited this week!

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually yes! I think what has worked the best so far is RSS.  My traffic has about doubled.  My adsense is still not doing great but in the last couple weeks since I started writing different content with better key words an increase in traffic shows an increase in adsense.

I still never sell much on amazon but I have also seen a 3fold improvement on clicks there as well.

So we shall see. big_smile But yes exhausted.  It was not that much fun going through all my hubs.

Oh and I almost forgot.  I just starting using Analytics with hubpaes... nice to know what key words people are using to find me. wink

I can't believe how many people google "sandra rinck is hot".  I am not kidding! ROTLMAO!!!!

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, you ARE hot!

3. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Oh yes, secret to our success. Traffic tongue and it does take work ...I don't mind it tho smile makes for interesting reading though it distracts n slows me down lol lol

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

backlinks Sandy. More and more of them smile

5. deisai1 profile image57
    deisai1posted 14 years ago

Here is a link to a hub that might have some advice smile
    <no links please!>

1. illminatus profile image69
      illminatusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since I've yet to reach the successful hubbers status my opinion probably mean Nill but I would say............ Write, And Write Some more.

6. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Having lots of comments, answering them, and keeping your "collection" active with additions/changes can, I think, make a difference.  From what I understand, Google "likes" activity.

7. profile image0

Actually I just checked again. Two weeks ago I was averaging about 60-70 page views a day, today I have already gotten 968! 

That is like what...900% increase? smile

8. profile image0

lol, thanks Misha!

Update on backlinking.  I started backlinking yesterday using mostly url trackers (to see what's up. big_smile) and backlinks have it! 

I saw some improvement using rss feeds which seems mostly important to external sites but I can actually see backlinks working.

I checked with analytics to see which hubs people were entering on.  From those hubs I grouped related hubs and so on.

The ones that I had not finished linking yet saw barely any change but the ones linked... whooo hooo!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)