jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you make a spelling error in your title on the Create a Hub page, and you don

1. Joni Douglas profile image87
    Joni Douglasposted 7 years ago

If you make a spelling error in your title on the Create a Hub page, and you don't realize it until

you get to the capsule page, but before you publish, is it better to scratch that hub and redo it fresh?  The error stays on the URL link although not on the hub title.

2. waynet profile image76
    waynetposted 7 years ago

I would, but of course if it is a spelling mistake that people actually type into their search, then leave it as it is, because you can reinforce that title with keywords and other phrases and it will still bring in traffic.

Most times however it is best to do two different titles, one on the permanent URL and one on the editable one, but the keyword phrases need to be nearly similar.

3. melbel profile image97
    melbelposted 7 years ago

I have done this recently, actually. I just remade the hub with the correct spelling in the url. I know that it can be made up for when you title it correctly and use the proper amount of keywords, but there is no reason to make marketing it even just a teeny more difficult. It's not like the hub has already been published and is indexed.

I just make a new one in this case. It would be cool for hubpages to allow us to change the url under certain circumstances such as this.

4. Harry Santos profile image56
    Harry Santosposted 6 years ago

This happened to me. I didn't even realize it right away. It took me months before I realized it. But for some reason, I just used title tuner and fixed up the title. The permalink remains the same with the wrong spelling but I still get ranking on the first page of google for the correct spelling. Google "arguments for and against surrogacy" I'm over there and you'll see I mispelled argument in the permalink.

working