Hubbers for Less than a Month Come Here

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 10 years ago

If you have been a hubber for a month or less, why don't you introduce yourself here.  I created this topic for the purpose of getting the new hubbers to meet each other and, in a sense, form a link, just as a freshman class would in a high school.  Just thought it would be a good idea (hopefully this isn't against the rules).

Just introduce yourself and state when you joined.

I am Ben Blackwell and I joined on June 14.

1. Krista Schnee profile image70
      Krista Schneeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi! I'm Krista, and I joined two weeks ago. I look forward to getting to know the freshman class! smile

1. profile image0
        Ben Blackwellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cool.  Thanks for posting, and nice to meet you.

2. chimatim profile image54
      chimatimposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Chimatim I still consider myself new here

3. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
      Deborah-Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ben, I used to write for Hub Pages but haven't been available for a few years, I am busy updating my old articles before I start writing new ones. It is nice to have the time to be back again and I am hoping to meet many new fellow writers and enjoy this writing community again.  Let me know where I can find your hubs? Very interested.

1. profile image0

Thanks for posting, and it's good to have you here.  You said you wanted to see my hubs in particular?  If so, here - http://benblackwell.hubpages.com/

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image60

Thanks Ben, if you are interested in the things I write you can check out a couple of mine too:
          http://deborah-lynn.hubpages.com/hub/Ba … doing-Fine

I'll leave comments when I read yours so you know I've been for a visit, smile

2. Infectionstudios profile image61
        Infectionstudiosposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm Steven and I joined a couple of months ago, but I haven't really published hubs until a couple of weeks back. I like to publish short stories to practice my craft and hopefully entertain some folk!

1. chimatim profile image54
          chimatimposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well Stephen welcome to hubpages friend, looking forward to you hubs

3. Hikapo profile image77
        Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8157459_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8157475_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Nice.

4. myefforts profile image52
        myeffortsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi guys, I am Asif, almost new here, joined hub pages about two months ago. I am enjoying my stay at hub pages. It is really a wonderful place. wrote 14 hubs so far, still preparing for some more. Thanks

5. Marsha Musselman1 profile image82
        Marsha Musselman1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm Marsha Musselman. I actually joined around two years ago, but didn't post any hubs to the site. Then when I tried to re-establish my account last month, May 2013, I couldn't remember my password so had to start a new account. Hence, Marsha Musselman1.

I just published my third hub, which passed muster in less than twelve hours, more like six or so. Coolness.

Does anyone know where there is information on the proper way to upload photo's? I'm using ones from my own camera so the source info isn't the problem. I've been able to upload them fine until this third hub when I decided to utilize the album feature. Now each photo I have on it shows up as an album. I intended one to be the album and the rest to be stand alone images. Any ideas? The hub in question is on weed trees.

Not hard to find, I only have three so far.

6. Janey Hood profile image69
        Janey Hoodposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hello all
        I am Janey Hood. Joined a couple of weeks ago, now have six hubs, all featured - not quite sure yet what that means. Am enjoying creating the hubs, they are so easy to use, I have some goals, but its the action I need to maintain! Looking forward to meeting new hubbers.

1. myefforts profile image52
          myeffortsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Features hubs means you have written quality articles that have cleared the quality assessment procedure at hub pages. Congrats for that. Keep adding good writings.

1. Janey Hood profile image69

Thank you for the explanation!

1. susi10 profile image96
              susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your Featured Hubs go on topic pages of HubPages and get the chance to be part of the major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. When someone searches for a phrase, your hub could be one of the results listed! Your hubs are great, keep up the great work! big_smile

1. Janey Hood profile image69

Thank you for this information! It really helps me understand a bit more.

7. profile image0
        thoughtfulmomof2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cat here joined Hubpages 5 weeks ago finally reached my 10 hubs yay! Hello everyone I look forward to checking out your hubs!!

4. cherihut profile image60
      cherihutposted 10 years ago

Hi. I'm Cheri. I can't honestly say that I technically "joined" less than a month ago. In fact, I got something (I think it was yesterday?) in my e-mail congratulating me on reaching my first anniversary here! (Can't believe I signed up that long ago). But I first joined on a whim - got into it from some link on Facebook, I think. Then I got busy with life and just sort of put it on the back burner. But a couple of weeks ago (more or less), I decided to try in earnest to start living out my dream of becoming a freelance writer, so... here I am. A newbie, yet not by date.

1. profile image0

Ok, that's cool.  Thanks for posting.

5. PoeticPhilosophy profile image79
      PoeticPhilosophyposted 10 years ago

Joined 2 weeks ago! Nice to meet all the new hubbers. Wsh I could read all ur hubs. Most topics that have to do with life interest me but I'm open and read other thing's as well. Ben Blackwell's a good hubber, I read some of his. All best hubbers! Keep on writing.

1. profile image0

Thanks for the compliment.  You are a good writer as well, so it's good to have you here.

6. KL Klein profile image68
      KL Kleinposted 10 years ago

I joined 2 months ago, but I'm still a newbie smile I mostly write recipes, although I'll probably start adding other subjects eventually....it's nice to have a place to finally publish some of my writings.

1. profile image0

Cool.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image60

I wonder if you know what forum to go to with questions, I have a Hub I need to revise and even change the title, but I don't want to lose any hits or records for the article, especially since the pay per hit calculator seems to be frozen right now?  Who is the "in the know" site?

7. Just Hubbing profile image60
      Just Hubbingposted 10 years ago

Hi there, I guess I'm the newest one to comment, I'm here since 2 days big_smile

If you all would like to see my hubs written or will be written please visit me on

http://justhubbing.hubpages.com

8. great-marks profile image60
      great-marksposted 10 years ago

Hi fellas,I just joined in a few moments ago.But to put it on record,let me mention 30/06/2013.I look forward to interacting with you all as i build on my lifelong dream and career(becoming a freelance writer)I look forward to your support as we surge forward.Thank you for this great post Ben blackwell.As soon as i start rolling,hopefully in 3 days time,i can be followed at http://great-marks.hubpages.com

9. Wilma Henry profile image81
      Wilma Henryposted 10 years ago

Hi everyone, I've been here about three weeks. This is my first attempt at writing and I love it here. I babysit my great grandbaby and try to make a little money writing for textbrokers, so my time here is limited right now. I would really appreciate any constructive criticism on my hubs. You can find me at http://wilmahenry.hubpages.com/.

10. directorslounge profile image61
      directorsloungeposted 10 years ago

I joined about 4 months ago, but I definitely fall into the "new" category.  I have only 6 hubs published at this point but have about 20 rough drafts sitting in a folder on my desktop.  I write about a wide variety of topics and plan to keep changing up the topics as well.  Recently I've tried to make it a point to get more involved in the forums and the HP community as a whole (time permitting).  I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts in this thread so far.  Keep up the good writing, everyone!

11. iamjingle profile image60
      iamjingleposted 10 years ago

Hello y'all~ I have just joined and published my first hub today! So excited! Let's see where this little adventure takes me >big_smile

1. profile image0

Cool.  Your hub looks good, I'll read it tomorrow.

12. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
      LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. Try to keep postings links to your own hubs to a minimum. For help with Hub issues go to : http://hubpages.com/forum/category/2879.
      If I may, try using the new hub templates as they do well in bringing more traffic.
      Again,welcome and I sincerely hope that all of you enjoy your hubbing experience.................wink

1. Marsha Musselman1 profile image82
        Marsha Musselman1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Luis, that page has an error, says the page doesn't exist. I'll try putting it in the browser and see what happens then.

1. toptendeals profile image72
          toptendealsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

He probably didnt mean to include the period in the link =p

13. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

I've been here for 3 years and I just want to say welcome to all the new writers. I am happy to see you here. My advice is learn SEO. At one time writing lots of hubs was the way to go. Now it is better to be sure to write the best hub that you can and not worry so much about how many you have, but have good quality hubs.

14. SEEMA AQUA profile image59
      SEEMA AQUAposted 10 years ago

what is SEO

15. Savio Dawson profile image91
      Savio Dawsonposted 10 years ago

Hello New Hubbers,

Although, I am not exactly new by the yardstick mentioned, I have been here for five months and have published few Hubs.

I am from Mumbai, India and I quite enjoy the community here. We will be crossing paths sooner or later. So, enjoy writing!!

16. toptendeals profile image72
      toptendealsposted 10 years ago

Hi New Hubbers, I'll try to give each of you a look through smile  I joined around June 2 or 3 and posted my first hub on the 5th.  I wasn't sure if I was going to stick with it but it has turned into quite a fun hobby.

Just published my 15th hub tonight, all of them are featured.  Have yet to get approved my google adsense though.  If you like technology, pc gaming, or anything in between check me out!

17. PersonalLists profile image59
      PersonalListsposted 10 years ago

PersonalLists profile image
      PersonalLists 14 seconds ago:

I've started here just yesterday. I immediately wrote my first hub on internet security tips, which got featured right away.

18. Lavender Jade profile image73
      Lavender Jadeposted 10 years ago

Hi I started just about 4 weeks ago now

19. JaffaCakeFreak profile image61
      JaffaCakeFreakposted 10 years ago

Hi I'm Tia smile I joined 7 weeks ago but with my A level exams I haven't had time to actually start making progress, I look forward to meeting others and maybe make a few friends in the process.

20. MichelleHillstrom profile image60
      MichelleHillstromposted 10 years ago

Hi fellow freshmen! I'm Michelle Hillstrom just joined on July 12. Currently I have been posting Literary Analysis and Poems, but I also plan to post recipes, social commentary, and anything else that strikes my fancy.

21. Nakia Deon profile image60
      Nakia Deonposted 10 years ago

I have been around for longer than a month but I have never introduced myself.  Hello, My name is Nakia Deon.
      I am a poet, playwright, wife and mother.  I love to write, I love to read.  Now lets get down to some read on read hubbing.

22. xmags profile image78
      xmagsposted 10 years ago

I have been here for 3 months already but as with Nakia Deon, I have never introduced myself as well. I'm Xeng, a researcher from the Philippines. I love to write about food, fashion, travel, and all of  my other quirky discoveries and realizations. I've been away from hubpages for quite some time due to work but now I'm back and I hope to contribute more to the hubpages community. smile

23. profile image56
      ostofa abokaposted 10 years ago

hae am also new to hubbing...do you mind teaching m some tips

24. rizwankhan007 profile image57
      rizwankhan007posted 10 years ago

great smile

25. healthygurl profile image61
      healthygurlposted 10 years ago

Hi everyone!
      My name is Jennica, and I joined Hubpages about 4 weeks ago. I've really been enjoying writing about the things I know. I'm on my 8th article now (I have 2 accounts). I love hearing from other Hubbers and getting feedback and I've read some great articles too. Nice to meet you, everyone!

26. Gerhard Homveld profile image61
      Gerhard Homveldposted 9 years ago

I'm Gerhard, and I'm quite new on HubPages. I've been writing and blogging for a while now, and I'm really having fun creating hubs on HubPages. I also freelance as a Graphic Designer, and love learning new things and writing about topics that I find interesting - I also like sharing my knowledge with others.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)