From what I can see in Hubpages, controversial subjects or topics in Questions s

1. telltale profile image74
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

From what I can see in Hubpages, controversial subjects or topics in Questions seem to be taking...

in most comments.  So, why are people taking more interest in subjects on religion, sex, etc.?

2. michifus profile image81
    michifusposted 7 years ago

A lot of people want an argument, or like to setting up a platform so that they can air their views on a subject they feel strongly about.

If you choose a topic which no one really cares much for, or does not have extreme points of view, you'll hardly get any posts or comments.

I.e If you create a post saying  "I'm giving up smoking"  you would get a few "me too" comments, some "well done keep it up's" but that would be it.

Starting off a post announcing your point of view on a controversial subject, or subtly criticising a certain political view, sexual practice or emotive issue will have a fair few people taking the bait.

Many people enjoy the opportunity to have a debate about an issue, or use it as a soapbox to announce their views to a larger audience. Some are confused or are interested to find out what others think.

However for a lot of hubbers I expect that they do it for a bit of fun, or to just interact with other hubbers.

working