Is the material we publish on hubpages protected? can it be copied? thanks!!!

1. kai777 profile image61
    kai777posted 7 years ago

Is the material we publish on hubpages protected? can it be copied? thanks!!!

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

We do own the rights to our work, and it's not legal for someone to copy it. That said, catching a plagiarist sometimes requires your own policing and contacting sites where someone has posted your stolen work. From time to time, I'll generally Google a paragraph of some of my more popular articles (and sometimes the odd badly-performing one just in case) and see if they turn up anywhere they're not supposed to. Luckily, many writing sites are now making sure to have their own "internal police" looking for plagiarists...for example, I'm a community editor on Helium and help review all of the new articles coming in (and slowly working through a backlog of old articles) and we all run each article through a plagiarism checker when we edit and immediately report stolen content...those people don't get a second strike, if they can't prove that the other name that has published the material is also theirs then the article is removed and they lose their account.

Closed to reply

working